Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

help on my spider IV 15 line 6 amp

Hi all I have the above amp, and have a Gibson SG  Guitar

But even though I have no echo  on when I playing guitar, I can  hear a echo effect,  I dont even have drive on or reverb either  same also if I use headphones.

Also another question, how comes when I listen to songs played on youtube Like I am into ACDC songs they sound great, but when I try them on my amp, its no where same at all. I'm not getting the effects they have.  I am not a pro no way yet, still learning, but it puts me off when i cant get same effect as people on youtube.

hope someone can suggest what i need to make good effects

Go to Manual mode. Switch Amp model to High Gain Red. Drive at 50%, Bass at 10%, Mid at 75%, Treble at 100%, Channel Volume at 60%, all effects OFF except 30 or 40% Reverb ON. Use the Master knob to set amplifier loudness.

That should get you close to AC/DC.

Even though all effect knobs are OFF (full counter clockwise), any one of the preset tones can turn the effect ON. Turn each effect knob clockwise a bit, then turn back OFF. That should really turn them OFF.

Mark

Go to Manual mode. Switch Amp model to High Gain Red. Drive at 50%, Bass at 10%, Mid at 75%, Treble at 100%, Channel Volume at 60%, all effects OFF except 30 or 40% Reverb ON. Use the Master knob to set amplifier loudness.

That should get you close to AC/DC.

Even though all effect knobs are OFF (full counter clockwise), any one of the preset tones can turn the effect ON. Turn each effect knob clockwise a bit, then turn back OFF. That should really turn them OFF.

Mark

Hi thank you so so much for this as you are only 1 person who has replied so its most appreciated.  I cant have  High Gain Red, as I have a LINE 6  spider IV 15 amp and there is no gain knob,  but I do have this foot pedal, a digitech  screamin blues,    http://digitech.com/en/products/screamin-blues

Also I have on my amp  4 buttons, as you can see in picture  clean, crunch, metal and insane, so which button do i set it on. also what about chan vol knob

Kb40agPl.jpg

Hi Strunghigh,

I didn't realize that the Spider IV 15 Watt model was so restricted. Anyway, you'll buy a better model later. Something like the 75 watt model with the 12" speaker. The Spider IV's are a good value "used" if not abused and beaten up !

On your Spider IV 15 try the "Metal" amp model. Set the channel volume anywhere from 50% to 70% of full CW. Drive at 50%. Other settings as I originally suggested.

Or use your Digitech pedal at the Spider IV input, with the Spider "Metal" amp model set between 10 and 15%, Bass, Mid and Treble all around 60%. Then try to dial in your tone using the Digitech's tone or shape controls.

Have fun,
Mark

Hi Strunghigh,

I didn't realize that the Spider IV 15 Watt model was so restricted. Anyway, you'll buy a better model later. Something like the 75 watt model with the 12" speaker. The Spider IV's are a good value "used" if not abused and beaten up !

On your Spider IV 15 try the "Metal" amp model. Set the channel volume anywhere from 50% to 70% of full CW. Drive at 50%. Other settings as I originally suggested.

Or use your Digitech pedal at the Spider IV input, with the Spider "Metal" amp model set between 10 and 15%, Bass, Mid and Treble all around 60%. Then try to dial in your tone using the Digitech's tone or shape controls.

Have fun,

Mark

Hi again many thanks for replying back, its most appreciated, I have now also purchased this pedal set up. I found this on youtube but its not my video. so hopefully i can get some good effects, yes i wish now i had bought the spider 75 amp, but maybe later i will sell this spider IV 15

• 1 month later...

Line 6 stuff works weird till you figure them out. When you turn the amp on the amp doesnt know yet where the edit knobs are set at. The amp doesnt know till a knob is moved.

So when you turn the amp on there may be echo on and the knob is in the off position, you have to turn the echo knob up then back down before it knows what position you want the knob.

One thing to mention the "headphones out" is what they call "emulated out" what this means is it has an effect on this output so it sounds like your in a small room or a studio to give the "emulation" the amp is being mic'd so there is a small echo effect like it would sound in a room with a microphone placed infront of the amp.

Maybe your getting this "Emulation" thing mixed up with the echo or reverb being on? it kinda sounds like a light small room reverb but its the "emulation" out which is an effect like i think its 2 effects a cab emulation and a room emulation. Im not sure if you can turn it off

IMO the emulation out makes the output not sound so sterile and lifeless

• 2 weeks later...

Also if you want just the power amp to run your RP6 into the guitar input power it up while pressing and holding the tap button. I do this when I run my HD500 1/4 inch analog out into the guitar in jack on my Spider III amp. On my Spider III the master still works but on yours it may not which means you'll need to control input with the master or in your case "output Level" on your pedal.

Also

For the Spider IV 15:

Boost  Press and hold the Tap button as you turn the Drive knob past 12 o’clock. As you do this, Spider IV 15’s Clean Channel LED comes on. This gives the kind of extra â€˜dirt’ that you’d expect from a Distortion pedal with the distortion control set low and the output control set high. It boosts your guitar signal before it reaches the Amp Model, so that you hit the model harder and get a more distorted sound.

Noise Gate  Press and hold TAP as you turn the second SmartFX knob B into the Reverb “swooshâ€. This turns the built in noise gate on and off, which helps to cut down on hiss and noise. When you do this, the â€œInsane†LED comes on to indicate the Gate is on. By default the gate is on for all the amp models , except  Crunch.

Factory Reset  Reset the factory programmed states by holding the Clean Channel button down on power up. Warning: This will erase all your custom sounds, so be sure you want to start fresh before you do it!

Additional Tips  When you select an Amp Model, Spider IV automatically sets its tone controls and effects to match the Amp Model. You can disable the autoFX selection (but not the tone control auto-selection) by powering up with the Insane Channel button held. The auto-selection is re-enabled