Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line in mixing with guitar to headphones but not out XLR or 1/4?

awrigh10

Possibly answered, but I couldn't find it.  Just got a Helix...So Excited!

SOOO, I'm going to go straight to the board at church.  Going to take all my pedals and Mustang IV home (SO EXCITING)!

Currently, I have a small Mackey mixer on stage.  I have a 1/4 in. cable that brings the piano, bass, drums and vocalist to my mixer and an XLR from my amp to the mixer.   That, old fashioned, way...I can mix my sound in my in-ear monitors however I want.  Guitar vs house sound.

Is there a way I can send the house (1/4 input) straight to the Helix and balance that sound into the headphones with the guitar?  But, I don't want the house sound to go back to the board again...    So, is this possible or do I have to continue to use my mixer?

Thanks!

You could program one pathway to do this, but you'd have to do it on every single patch you use. Just keep using the Mackie mixer you have now, imho.

^ what PH said ^

You won't want to get rid of one of your signal paths just for that anyway. What board does your church have? We use a Behringer X32 and we use the P16 in ear monitor systems on stage so everyone has their own IEM mix. 

^ what PH said ^

You won't want to get rid of one of your signal paths just for that anyway. What board does your church have? We use a Behringer X32 and we use the P16 in ear monitor systems on stage so everyone has their own IEM mix. 

I didn't know if there was a global setting to send AUX in to headphones only without having to use a signal path...  I can't/don't want to afford wireless for my in ears....So, mobility is limited to me near a wall  haha

I didn't know if there was a global setting to send AUX in to headphones only without having to use a signal path...  I can't/don't want to afford wireless for my in ears....So, mobility is limited to me near a wall  haha

Aux is an instrument input, so that won't work for you. I would just continue using your small mixer for your IEM.