Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dt-25 Amp Died This Morning

scotty_burford

Guys

I was setting up to do some studio work and the volume died after a minute or so. The valves have been making a few crackling noises and one no longer glowed so I just figured replacing that would be the thing. Swapped out the power amp valves. Both new ones glow nicely - but there is absolutely no sound at all. Swapped the fuse just in case there was an issue there (didn't seem to be but I did it anyway). Have tried different cables, speakers and speaker leads - still nothing.

Any other ideas? I have a lot of studio work coming in the next fortnight as well as a few gigs and this is the only amp I currently own.

Last time I checked the closest official repairman in Australia was 1000 km away - so can't send it there given y time restraints.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I am not 100% certain as I have yet to open up my DT25 head, but the Spider Valves have a plate fuse located on the power amp PCB that requires pulling the chassis in order to change...heater fuse is also located similarly...These are in addition to the read panel protection fuse....My SV MK2 blew a power tube shortly after arriving in Atlanta from LA and it took the plate fuse with it....Anyway, the symptoms sound similar...amp fires up and the heaters glow, but no sound because the plates might not be firing up...

• Upvote 2

your amp may be one that is covered by bulletin 59. the transformer is the subject of that bulletin. call line6 and inquire about it. certain serial numbers are affected.

That was on the DT50's if I recall correctly. Only a certain series of them before the DT25 was even released.

• Upvote 1

Whereabouts in Australia are you?

Turramurra music in Sydney organised a line6 repair for me a little while ago.

Last time I checked the closest official repairman in Australia was 1000 km away - so can't send it there given y time restraints.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

your amp may be one that is covered by bulletin 59. the transformer is the subject of that bulletin. call line6 and inquire about it. certain serial numbers are affected.

I went through 3 DT-50 power transformer repairs before I got a "new" one which appears to have fixed the problem but that was only because a careless tech buggered the exterior of my amp. My casei is well documented on the forums. They are nice amps that sound really good live. Line 6 did treat me right that I cannot deny even though it was a real hassle to box up the amp and send it back each time. Call and ask for Ashley. Everyone knows her there. She is the definition of what customer service should look like. Good luck

• Upvote 1