Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What causes this sound?

sda37

I was able to clear it up by changing the amp, then changing it back.  The link below is a very short video of me changing the snapshots.  The two snapshots do use different amps.

https://www.facebook.com/stephen.arnold2/videos/10212101842874632/

Also, sometimes I get a weird sound when changing snapshots while playing.  It's not loud like the one above, and it stops almost immediately.

I plan to use the Helix in church tomorrow.  It'll be the first time playing out with it.

The link didn't work when I clicked it, but your description of the noise you heard sounds familiar. the sound I'm thinking of was like a brief, sudden static that came on abruptly and almost immediately went off just as abruptly. I don't remember now exactly what the problem was, but I seem to remember it having to do with having two amps and switching between them with a snapshot button. I also think it was a preset where I used to blend the amps on parallel paths, but later moved both amps to the same path, and in some of the snapshots I had forgotten to set the A/B split block to 100% path B. So part of the signal was not being shunted to path B and instead was staying on path A, bypassing the amps. There may have been more to it than that, but maybe that sounds familiar to you. 

I was able to clear it up by changing the amp, then changing it back.  The link below is a very short video of me changing the snapshots.  The two snapshots do use different amps.

https://www.facebook.com/stephen.arnold2/videos/10212101842874632/

Also, sometimes I get a weird sound when changing snapshots while playing.  It's not loud like the one above, and it stops almost immediately.

I plan to use the Helix in church tomorrow.  It'll be the first time playing out with it.

Can you post a pic of your Helix screen and describe what you are changing with snapshots?

I uploaded the video into the Helix FB group.  I wonder if you have to be a member of the page to see it?

rzumwalt, that description is close.  It was a loud CLICK.  I did not change any of the chain.  All I did was change the amps and then change them back.  It has not done it since.  

It also did this on a patch that I got from Glenn Delaune, loaded straight from his computer.  It did not do it while I was at his house.  It did it that day that I had trouble with my patch.

My patch has one amp in the 1st line of the chain and a 2nd amp in the second line.  Switching snapshots changed the amp that was active.

I'll see if I can get photos tomorrow.