Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Backpack Question: Zippers?

sda37

I recently bought the Helix and the backpack.  I used the Helix in church this morning for the first time.  Overall it was AWESOME.

However, I noticed some material sticking out of the backpack when I put my cases away before the service.  Afterward I looked closer.

There are zippers that run around the INSIDE of the bag covering the foam.  WHY?  The loose material was from the zipper coming loose at the top.  When I tried to unzip it to correct where it had split apart, one side came out of the zipper.  Now I can't get it back in.  Not only that, but the zippers are installed with the tabs INSIDE the zipper.

Again, WHY?  That makes the zipper essentially unusable, which wouldn't matter had the zipper not malfunctioned.

Now I'm struggling to get the zipper back into place.  If I could get the zipper to the START, it would be doable.  It won't go down far enough, and with the tab on the inside, it's even harder to work.  

Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?

See if you can get it exchanged with a new one from wherever you got it. I think that qualifies as a malfunction. I've never even noticed the zippers on the inside of the case though I use all of the ones on the outside. Apparently they are used for sticking the foam in, but it's crazy that the tab for the zipper is on the wrong side. You paid for a new one and that's what you deserve.

I just sent an email to Sweetwater.  It's a great backpack.  I'm not sure why they designed it that way, though.  It seems to me that it would have been easier to simply sew the foam into the bag.

Thankfully the box hadn't been picked up for recycling yet.