Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

EVH 5153 (50w) in 4CM with Helix floor.. midi + channel changing??

iamgeorge

Hey guys, looking for some guidance here..  It could be a simple fix but I’m a little lost in terms of how to get this happening..

I’m certain I’m doing something wrong, but I’m having trouble getting the Helix to change the channels on my EVH 5153 (50w) amp via midi.  That EVH amp has midi so changing channels shouldn’t be hard. I also have a custom made 4 channel amp with midi, and I’ve managed to get that to change the channels on that amp via the Helix, but I can’t quite make it work on the EVH.

Any recommendations or YouTube clips that I should look at?!  It must be something with the amp itself and not the Helix..?  Happy to take any recommendations to get this happening.  Once I conquer this, I then know I can just save-copy-paste those patches and use wherever/whenever.  

Thanks guys.

I have a few videos on my channel about this but they are with the POD HD500.  It's still the exact same method.  If you are doing everything right and it's still not working contact Fender/EVH.  I have spoke to other people that did have problems and they had to get the amp repaired.

Best of luck.

I have a few videos on my channel about this but they are with the POD HD500.  It's still the exact same method.  If you are doing everything right and it's still not working contact Fender/EVH.  I have spoke to other people that did have problems and they had to get the amp repaired.

Best of luck.

Hi George, 

Thanks mate!  I've watched some of your clips - great work.  I'll give that a go. 

Thanks.