Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd Version And Alt. Tunings (praising)

Well, honestly, I really love my Variax 700..But this version 2.0 of the jtv is something else...The jazz guitars and the resonators are so awesome!

Combined with the alt. tuning on the wing...So convenient...I never before used the jazz guitars, or the resos, but now they are my favorites. 

Although I still miss the old stratocaster (thanks god I bought the 69s I will make it sound better with dimarzio) and the custon L.P. , but the tones I get are great!!! Speaking for the new tele and the new L.P. they are so perfect!!!

Thanks Line 6!

Love my jtv also !!!

My Variaxes are really the best guitars out there, and I have (and have played) plenty!!

Edited by arislaf
  • Upvote 1

Well, honestly, I really love my Variax 700..But this version 2.0 of the jtv is something else...The jazz guitars and the resonators are so awesome!

Combined with the alt. tuning on the wing...So convenient...I never before used the jazz guitars, or the resos, but now they are my favorites. 

Although I still miss the old stratocaster (thanks god I bought the 69s I will make it sound better with dimarzio) and the custon L.P. , but the tones I get are great!!! Speaking for the new tele and the new L.P. they are so perfect!!!

Thanks Line 6!

Love my jtv also !!!

My Variaxes are really the best guitars out there, and I have (and have played) plenty!!

It took me a while to care about the jazz guitars, because that wasn't my main interest before, but now I love it.

The alt tuning knob on the JTV is very helpful, because on my 600, I have to waste spaces on the model banks just for alt tunings. Instead of wasting banks for the exact same guitar but alt tuned, you can just use the knob, and have a lot more tunings that way.

The capo feature is also really handy if you want to set a tuning quickly without messing with stuff in workbench. Really great for live application.

This is just me talking in theory though, since I don't have a JTV. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, mater of fact I did't realize that I had the master louder (shame on me) and the final result was this.I uploaded a new version, louder, and correct mix (now the sound is post eq, not only from the pod).Thanks for the remarks!

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

Thanks Line 6!

Love my jtv also !!!

Hi arislaf, great to hear you enjoying the v2 models so much.   Have you had any issues with sustain on the new models as reported in other threads by other users?  From memory I believe some people reported they felt the Lester and Strat models had far less sustain than the v1.9 versions.  Have you found that to be the case?

Thanks.

Hi arislaf, great to hear you enjoying the v2 models so much.   Have you had any issues with sustain on the new models as reported in other threads by other users?  From memory I believe some people reported they felt the Lester and Strat models had far less sustain than the v1.9 versions.  Have you found that to be the case?

Thanks.

Yes, I have the same issues, especially on lester :( 

Yes, I have the same issues, especially on lester :(

Sorry to hear that.  Have you tried tweaking the models on Workbench HD and did that help at all?   Or is the lack of sustain intrinsic to the v2 Lester models and can't be tweaked out by adjusting parameters in WB HD?

Sorry to hear that.  Have you tried tweaking the models on Workbench HD and did that help at all?   Or is the lack of sustain intrinsic to the v2 Lester models and can't be tweaked out by adjusting parameters in WB HD?

I was able to get a slight improvement in sustain by throwing a tube compressor at the front of the signal chain in the 500X...it's not a drastic difference, and certainly not as good as the 1.9 models, but it is a little better. That or it's wishful thinking and I talked myself into it...

• Upvote 1