Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Probably the best Variax-Workbench idea I have heard

Sorry for the clickbait-title but it is true!

Never understood why the slots are so restricted and there is no playground-area which could be used to try custom models.

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/An-area-to-store-unused-presets-within-Workbench-HD/902175-23508

Please give your vote to this idea  :)

Please show me the way to store and audition custom created models via POD and my Variax without exchanging presets in the custom banks? 

I only know the way to load my tries in a custom bank and try it there. If I like to try some creations against each other, the amount of custom banks is not really overwhelming.

Even if I like to try a bundle with a modified list of default-presets I am not able to compare them the easy side-by-side way.

That´s what I know, too. But why not offer a playground-area (which could be stored just local)?

It is something the Positive Grid BIAS Head is offering and without a doubt… it does make sense.

So in their software you have a small amount of slots which are synced with the HEAD (in our case the Variax).

And you have this big and funny playground-area, where you can play around and hear chosen patches only temporary loaded into their HEAD (Variax), if you like.

I do not understand how someone could not want this feature  <_<

I do not understand how someone could not want this feature <_<

Well there's nothing wrong with asking for additional features, but not everyone goes to the trouble of creating custom models...in fact, I'd argue that many users probably don't. Tweaking the existing models is almost universal I'd say, but the stock ones provide a fairly large tonal palate...there's already way more in there than I use. I fiddled with creating a custom model or two early on out of curiosity, but never found the need to be constantly mixing and matching everything that's available. I spend enough time tweaking as it is, so this particular feature wouldn't be of much use to me. But as always, ymmv.

That´s what I know, too. But why not offer a playground-area (which could be stored just local)?

It is something the Positive Grid BIAS Head is offering and without a doubt… it does make sense.
So in their software you have a small amount of slots which are synced with the HEAD (in our case the Variax).
And you have this big and funny playground-area, where you can play around and hear chosen patches only temporary loaded into their HEAD (Variax), if you like.

I do not understand how someone could not want this feature  <_<

I'm not sure if this is what you mean but you can change all of the models in Variax Workbench to your hearts content. They don't replace what's actually in the Variax until you send the changed patch to the Variax. So if you change all of the models in Variax Workbench and close the program before sending them to the Variax, your Variax will still have the old patches in it. I think this is what you are looking for.

Nope, because when I change f.e. a spank I can not A/B it against the default without recording (if all 10 custom slots are occupied). There should be at least one invisible slot which could be loaded with a temporary patch from the playground-area I would like to see in Workbench.

Do you get the point?

Not sure if I explain the right way.

Nope, because when I change f.e. a spank I can not A/B it against the default without recording (if all 10 custom slots are occupied). There should be at least one invisible slot which could be loaded with a temporary patch from the playground-area I would like to see in Workbench.

Do you get the point?

Not sure if I explain the right way.

You can work around this by, for example, copying the model you want to compare it to the model next to it in Workbench. Just be careful and don't upload the copied one to the Variax. As a backup you could save all of the factory models. By the way, do you know you can change every model on the Variax, not just the Custom ones? Again, as long as you don't UPLOAD anything to the Variax and you should be good.