Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Axe Fx II to a Helix rack for effects only

pearljammy

Considering switching from an Axe Fx II to a Helix rack with controller.  Downsides?  I really love the control with scribble strips, and for live this will be ideal.  Is there a global lead function on Helix yet?  With Axe Fx II I can set a global lead that whenever I press on an active patch again, that's my global lead.  Extremely useful.  Also have reverbs been expanded on the Helix yet?

Using the Axe-FX II for reverbs in Helix is a bit overkill, but they (if memory serves) do sound wonderful and if you have both, why not!

I'm using a Strymon Big Sky for the same reasons... It sounds better (to me).

The Global Lead feature is really a feature of the MFC foot controller, not the Axe FX itself. It just is a dedicated PC that calls up a specific patch whenever it's pressed. So there's not a dedicated footswitch on the Helix Control for that, but you could set up something like that by programming a MIDI PC to a footswitch and running a MIDI cable back into the Helix's MIDI in.

The Global Lead feature is really a feature of the MFC foot controller, not the Axe FX itself. It just is a dedicated PC that calls up a specific patch whenever it's pressed. So there's not a dedicated footswitch on the Helix Control for that, but you could set up something like that by programming a MIDI PC to a footswitch and running a MIDI cable back into the Helix's MIDI in.

Ya...not wanting to run a separate midi cable back to do something like this.....they should give global lead as an option.  I hope Line 6 listens more to us than Fractal.  Fractal use to be good in this regard....but now they just add a bizillion amp models...over it really.