Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

FRFR : Xitone vs Line 6 L2m.

mikebruno

Hi every one!

Again on that subjects, sorry!

Any how, did my first 5 shows with helix and it was bull's-eye!

Did my tweaks at pre prod in a 20k watt PA with my friend technicians and the results after was fenominal.

Then the shows were done in festival in big park like 15k people... My FHO guy tells me that he did no adjustments in the eq'ing of my gtr tone on his board and thinks it's 200% better then my old stack.

So I thought I'll go all the way with FRFR and after considering those two models ; Xitone for its 12'coaxial single sound source that I love the idea and on the other hand the Line6 L2t for its L6 link communication and features.

BUT !! Never had the chance to hear then or compare!!

None of these units are accessible in Montreal at this moment.

And as 90% of my gig are monitored in my IEM shure 846 ( extremely wide range) so those cabs are more for stage feel, my guitar ears them and I will feel the wind a bit more.

But most importantly, I will tweak my presets in those loud cabs. So need a trusty reference.

Do you have any experience with those two models being able to give pros and cons?

Or even compare them ?

Or just share any thoughts!!

This would be awesome!!!

Thanks!!

Love my Xitone MBritt with an option making it an open/closed back convertible with 5 DSP modes/curves. Has a removable panel that you take off for traditional stock MBritt open back model mode, or leave on for closed back mode.

It rocks the house!

• Upvote 1

5 DSP modes with the Xitone?

Did not know this?

What are the options Glideman?

I'm also interested in the Xitone MBritt cab, and also the Mission Io. There's very little info online about either one of these units.

Here is a link to the Xitone:

http://xitonecabs.com/models/michael-britt-custom-cab/index.html

Here is a link to the Mission Io:

https://missionengineering.com/shop-2/products/amplifier/mission-io/?v=7516fd43adaa

Love my Xitone MBritt with an option making it an open/closed back convertible with 5 DSP modes/curves. Has a removable panel that you take off for traditional stock MBritt open back model mode, or leave on for closed back mode.

It rocks the house!

glideman; do you also have a standard type of frfr? I'm wondering how the MBritt and something like my DXR12 would compare. I guess I'm dreaming of finding something between a full on frfr and a guitar cab, that doesn't color the sound too much but isn't as sterile as an frfr can be at times. The Mission Io got a good write up in GP mag last month. But there's absolutely nothing on YouTube about it, and very little about the MBritt.

I probably should just spend my time getting better at building patches instead of looking for a crutch!

In addition to the 'mighty wind on your back', another huge benefit of having an FRFR or guitar cab on stage for monitoring is that you can get guitar feedback, you know, the good kind. That is the one major drawback of using IEMs, no way to get proper feedback other than some kind of feedbacker effect.

• 2 weeks later...

Think the 5 modes with the open/closed back convertible option on the MBritt are (not in order):

1.  straight FRFR (for original open back only design)

2. FRFR Tweaked FRFR EQ for Michael Britt

3.  straight FRFR (EQ better suited for the closed back operation added by our custom removeable panel convertible version)

4.  FRFR using only the 12" woofer (coaxial horn driver disabled)

5.  12" woofer only acting pretty much like a guitar cabinet.

It's very very very versatile when you get him to built the open/closed back convertible option (removeable back panel).

It has a Celestion 12" coaxial speaker driver with Celestion compression horn driver.

@glideman

Wow!  That's a lot of good options to have.  I have the Xitone 1x12 passive cab powered by Matrix GT1000FX and it sounds incredible.  

This Mbritt cab is very tempting.   

I have 2 1x12 Xitone passives on order, been on order almost 4 weeks shouldn't be too much longer! I have the GT1000FX also, just sitting in my rack with lonely cables trailing out ;)

Great to hear your liking the combo!

@saks

Man, I know that feeling.  Don't worry, it's worth the wait.  I'm jealous, I've been wanting to get another one so I could run a full stereo.  Maybe, I should shoot Mick an email.  

that's what I hear, but I never get tired of hearing it ;) I've never seen anyone that owned one say one bad thing about them. Well, the silver screw through a couple people.

I'm pretty sure I only ordered one but by the time I made it to checkout there were 2. Too late then /\o/\

do it...do it...Do It...DoIt...DOIT!