Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500X - get rid of Variax bank

TYancy

I bought a demo HD500X. It had four sections for banks of standard patches. After monkeying around and getting lost, I reset it to factory spec and ended up with three sections of standard patch banks and one section for Variax patches.

How do I get rid of the Variax section and use it for a fourth section of standard patches?

Well, actually, with the latest firmware, there would be 6 factory set lists, and 2 user lists. Not 3 or 4 as you claim.

But, to answer your questions as to how you get rid of it....

The same way as you get rid of any patch or setlist.
You know how to do that, right?

What I normally do is save one of my "user" preset banks that say "New Tone" to my desktop or a folder of my choosing and then I load that "New Tone" patch in each of the variax preset banks and save it. That should do it.  Good luck!

You can replace the Variax setlist in one operation rather than proceeding one preset at a time. The easiest way is to use the HD500X Edit program. First, select a preset in one of the USERx setlists. Then use the File command to save that setlist to your computer. Now select a preset in the Variax setlist and then use the File command again to import the saved setlist. This will replace the Variax setlist with the USERx setlist. Finally, don't forget to save/send that setlist to the HD500X device.

How do I get rid of the Variax section and use it for a fourth section of standard patches?

You can overwrite any patch, anywhere with anything you like, no matter what set list it's in. There's nothing special about the bank that houses the Variax-specific patches...it's just where the developers put them. You can go through the grunt work of replacing each patch in that set list with an empty one if you must, but it's just unnecessary busywork. If you want, you can rename the set list in HD Edit so it doesn't say "Variax" anymore, and just store whatever you want in there.