Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

4 cable blues DeVille setup

Cobra1712

Hello all,

So i just ordered my pod hd500x yesterday and am eagerly awaiting it's arrival. I have read many a site and the advanced guide but i am still confused on the setup a little. I'm not even sure I can do what i am thinking but i assume it can.

I am planning on running 4 cable method into my blues DeVille 4x10. I have figured that setting an fx loop within the signal chain will send the signal out to the preamp of the amp and then back to the pod before the power amp right? And if so can you create a patch that can toggle between my devilles preamp and a modeled one while retaining pre and post effect options or would that have to have different patches? And if so how?

I'm hoping that maybe this would become very apparent when i receive the unit but seems complex by reading the guide. Sorry if it's a stupid question.

That definitely helps but leads to another question lol, if I have the fx on would I just assign the amp modler to a footswitch to turn off the model? Or is that was you mean by set the amp model bypass to zero? I'm assuming it will make more sense when i start setting up presets.