Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Snapshot question.

kenmac1

Can someone please explain step by step, in the most basic manner possible how to change the input sound on two of the snapshots within an eight snapshot set from the JTV models to using the Magnetic Pickups inside of the JTV?

I need to know exactly which buttons to press or turn (or both) how many times they need to be pressed...  What will be displayed, in what colour (white, grey...) on the screen to show me that it is where it needs to be.  Every single step of the way, since I am sick to death of this thing freezing up, or locking up my macbook pro, or otherwise doing it's own thing rather than what i need it do achieve.

On six of the eight patches within the snapshot set, I am using JTV sounds, Acoustic 4 and 5, Reso 2 (Sitar) Tele, Strat and Les Paul...  However for the two solo patches (Lead 1 and Harmony Lead) i want to use the magnetic pickups, so I can switch using the blade switch between neck, middle, and bridge, humbucker or single modes...  I know it can be done, but have no clue how to achieve this.

The input is set to multi, so that should allow the Helix and JTV to jump from emulated sounds to pickups.

Cheers Groovers and Gurus.

The issue is that the Variax Magnetics are seen as a different input, not just a Variax model. So the easiest way to go about doing what you want to do is to set up a dual input patch where you feed two inputs into one path. Then you can select between those two inputs on a per snapshot basis. The other option is to create a custom model in Workbench where you have the mix for the model set to zero and the mix for the magnetics set to 100%. That way you could select that model through the Helix.

The issue is that the Variax Magnetics are seen as a different input, not just a Variax model. So the easiest way to go about doing what you want to do is to set up a dual input patch where you feed two inputs into one path. Then you can select between those two inputs on a per snapshot basis. The other option is to create a custom model in Workbench where you have the mix for the model set to zero and the mix for the magnetics set to 100%. That way you could select that model through the Helix.

Cheers Phil, Theoretically I guess that makes sense, but I have no idea where to even begin with that dual input idea, which to me seems like the most logical of the two options offered.

One day they will make these pedals with three rows of buttons instead of the two, and I won't need to minimize on my patch sounds, as i will have enough to get every sound I want without compromising. 

Cheers Phil, Theoretically I guess that makes sense, but I have no idea where to even begin with that dual input idea, which to me seems like the most logical of the two options offered.

One day they will make these pedals with three rows of buttons instead of the two, and I won't need to minimize on my patch sounds, as i will have enough to get every sound I want without compromising. 

It's actually not all that difficult to set up, and I believe there is a temple in Setlist 8 that shows this, but I'm not in front of my Helix right now. But, basically, to get started, you create a parallel path by selecting a block and moving it down. Then navigate over to the input block, and move it down. It will create another input block for path 1B. You'd set the input for 1A to be Variax and 1B to be Varaix Magnetics. You can select between them either by controlling the merge block or by using a volume block in each path.

This is one of those things that's more complicated to type out instructions for compared to just doing.