Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Farm 2.5 install problem

Hi,

been using gearbox with a UX8 since 2010,
I just did a fresh install of W7 x64
Running Monkey there are updates available, there's podfarm 1.12, and podfarm 2.59,
I chose the 2.59,  Monkey downloads the file and when saving on my HD, it says
error saving download file
reason (code 8000600B) incompatible file systems

I downloaded directly the 2.57 (as I don't need W10 support) through the download page, installed it, and when trying to run podfarm2 it says Pod Farm failed to initialize L6TWXY framework. (code 0x8000e00a)

When I run license manager, my UX8 is authorized and new w7 system too.

Any help welcome, thanks!

• Downvote 1

If I run it through my DAW it says "this device has a valid license but you need to run license manager to authorize it" which I do, but everything seems to be authorized, when I click on "my devices" it opens a web page listing my windows system and UX8, on "my software" it says "you haven't bought any"

• Upvote 1

I’m assuming you did not have the plug-in version, if so, everything should work with PF 1.12, and if Gearbox was working before the refresh it should still work.

But if you need the plug-in version too…

POD Farm 2.5 is a separate purchase.

Before PF came out there was a separate license purchase for the Gearbox plug-in, which was replaced with PF.

So at that time there was the free standalone PF or a paid license version for the plug-in.

Eventually they released the POD Studios and bundled them with a hardware enabled PF2 license.

What I’m not sure of is if the UX8 came with a hardware enabled license that unlocked all the model packs.

If so, purchasing the PF2 standard may get you all the model packs as a plug-in if your UX8 is used as a dongle.

There is a 30 day money back guarantee on the hardware independent version of PF2. NOT the iLok.

Did you see any announcements concerning Helix Native?

Thanks for your reply.
>>I’m assuming you did not have the plug-in version
What I'm using is Gearbox as standalone and plugin, all the model packs are indeed unlocked.

But I was looking at a document ( the model gallery of the Line 6 POD X3) that shows all the original amps, cabinets and effects that are modelled in Gearbox (and Podfarm I guessed) and there are 8 effects I don't have, some I wish I had : Barberpole Phaser, Script Phase, Voice Box & Vocoder

That's why I wanted to try PF2.5 to see if I was getting these 8 effects ( the others are Pattern Tremolo, Octisynth, Pitch Vibrato, Dimension)
Do you know if they come with PF2.5 ?

I just searched the Helix Native, looks good.

Maybe there are typos because some of those sound like HD models.

I don't understand what you mean ? HD ?

In the model gallery (which I found on this forum from a kind soul, as the one given with gearbox misses most of the models available) there are pictures of these 8 effects.

So if you go here:

http://line6.com/acc...ount/software/ 

You have the Gearbox plug-in?

I don't understand either. This sends me to my account, there's no option for plugin in there. Do you mean have I got anything when I click the line "Software Add-ons" ?

I have the UX8 on the Registered Gear

UX8 and 2 windows systems in the Authorized Devices

Can you post a link to the Model Gallery you are referring to?

By HD I mean I think some of those models are found in the POD HD series which has nothing to do with Gearbox or POD Farm.

Yes, when you click on software and add-ons, if you do not see Gearbox or POD Farm 1 Plug-in I would not expect the Gearbox or POD Farm 1 Plug-in to work at all.

Back when the UX8 was out, the Gearbox Plug-in was a separate purchased upgrade, or they may have granted a plug-in license as a special deal towards the end before they discontinued it. 

Also, you might want to call Line6 or open a support ticket.

I bought the UX 8 in 2008, not really the end of the UX 8 ;)
nothing in the "software addons" but Gearbox and podfarm 1 work as plugins for sure ! I use 10s of them on each project on a daily basis.

if the 8 effects are not in the podfarm 2.5, no need to open a ticket.

As for the link of the models of the pod X3 it's somewhere here but where ...dunno.

I stand corrected, did a little digging and seems the UX8 came with a hardware enabled license for PF Platinum, including the plug-in. Not sure if it was always like that or if started at a certain time.

So upgrading to PF2 will not give you any new models, just more flexibility in the signal chain.

cheers.
Yes that's it, the platinum package, it came some time after I had the UX8, but the plugin was enabled from day one, thankfully.

OK for pf2, so these 8 "new" models were only in the PodX3 unit?

bottom page 24 & 25 : I have ALL the other models except these 8 ones.
http://fr.line6.com/data/6/0a060b316ac34f0593be902d6/application/pdf/POD%20X3%20Model%20Gallery%20-%20English%20(%20Rev%20B%20).pdf

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

I'd appreciate if you help me with this issue.

I've bought today the POD FARM 2.5 Standard version, however haven't received any link to download it and confirmation from Line6.

The Main issue is that Checking my card history, I can see that value was debited. Still, I can see the POD FARM on my shopping cart (Why?)

I'm worried where is my POD FARM 2.5 Standard.. I've payed U$99.99, it was debited !!

Can anyone help me, please ? 

Thanks,

Arthur.