Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Multiple path victory!

ajcrowder

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to take a minute and share some fun I had with the Helix last week. I work at a church and typically use Helix as my all in one electric guitar rig. Recently, however, I've been using Helix as an effect board running into an amp.

Last week I also needed an acoustic guitar for one of the songs so I set that up through Helix as well. Electric guitar through the guitar input, using the 1/4in out and the Acoustic through the Aux input and XLR Out. Worked great! It was great having access to all of the reverbs and delays with the acoustic guitar and it all worked seamlessly together.

For many of you, this might not be much of a revelation but I had a lot of fun working it out and using it!

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to take a minute and share some fun I had with the Helix last week. I work at a church and typically use Helix as my all in one electric guitar rig. Recently, however, I've been using Helix as an effect board running into an amp.

Last week I also needed an acoustic guitar for one of the songs so I set that up through Helix as well. Electric guitar through the guitar input, using the 1/4in out and the Acoustic through the Aux input and XLR Out. Worked great! It was great having access to all of the reverbs and delays with the acoustic guitar and it all worked seamlessly together.

For many of you, this might not be much of a revelation but I had a lot of fun working it out and using it!

It is a perfect platform for P&W with the diversity needed for that type of music. I am starting to use mine to also play some pre-recorded pads on one of my signal paths, controlling volume with one of my expression pedals, with delays/reverbs added. 

I've started doing the same thing integrating a second acoustic guitar into a patch for certain songs.  The great thing about it is each guitar has it's own dedicated signal chain which makes it easy to adjust them independently.  The best advantage we've gotten in doing this is it's a much faster transition than what we would otherwise have to endure.  In our case our vocalist/harmonica player takes over the 2nd electric guitar, and the 2nd electric guitar player picks up the acoustic.  I leave the acoustic guitar plugged in even on patches its not used on.  I simply change the input block on my non-acoustic guitar patches to 'guitar' rather than "all" so the acoustic guitar is only enabled when I switch to the patch that has the acoustic guitar path defined.

I'm about to put a Fishman Powerbridge on my Tele and run dual paths for piezo and magnetics on a single preset. So I may run path 1A for MP3 pads via USB 3/4, 1B for piezos, and 2A/B for magnetics. 

I'm about to put a Fishman Powerbridge on my Tele and run dual paths for piezo and magnetics on a single preset. So I may run path 1A for MP3 pads via USB 3/4, 1B for piezos, and 2A/B for magnetics. 

The craziest part of all that....is you can do it with Helix