Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2.21 update issue

getthewillies

I just updated to 2.21. The editor no longer changes patches when I change them on the Helix. If I select the patch in the setlist in the editor, the name will change but the blocks and paths do not. It brings up the first patch that matches Helix when it is connected but doesn't change thereafter. Any thoughts?

Did you do this after you updated the firmware?

YOU MUST RESET GLOBALS AND RESTORE PRESETS, OTHERWISE HELIX 2.21 WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY. DO IT. DO IT NOW:

7. To reset globals and restore presets, turn off Helix/Helix Rack/Helix LT.

HELIX FLOOR AND LT ONLY: While holding footswitches 9 and 10 (middle two switches on the bottom row), turn on Helix. Wait for the message “Will reset Globals and restore stock Presets, Setlists and IRs…†to appear and let go.

HELIX RACK ONLY: While holding knobs 5 and 6 below the screen, turn on Helix Rack. Wait for the message “Will reset Globals and restore stock Presets, Setlists and IRs…†to appear and let go.

8. Using the NEW Helix editor application (2.20), restore the user presets you backed up in step 2.

And remember, doing this will put the Helix back to factory specs, deleting all of your presets, global settings, snapshots, etc.

Looks like editor is still 1.11. Where do I get the new one?

Go to this link and dial up the correct version of your Helix and OS: http://line6.com/software/

You will want to download and install the 2.21 version of the "Helix" application. This will install the latest versions of the Editor, Updater, and Driver on your computer.

When you launch the editor program the device (not the editor) firmware version is displayed in the top left region. To obtain the editor version you use the Help - About Helix menu item. The versions should match.

If I open the editor it says 2.21 in the upper left corner under Helix. If I click Help>About Helix it says 1.11 (Same screen as in the updater.)

Yes, the editor is "seeing" what firmware is on your Helix, but the help>about tells you revision of editor. You need to update your editor to 2.21, then things will work just fine for you. 

Go to the Downloads section of this website, under the Support tab at the top of this page. Select Helix in the middle (software) field, not the leftmost (products) field. Read the installation instructions and follow them carefully. When instructed use the Get Download button at the bottom of the instructions pane to download and install the editor. When instructed you should also reinstall the v2.21 device firmware.