Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix with bass. How about synths and octaver?

syndacate2004

Hello everybody. I'm thinking to switch to helix and replace my actual pedalboard that is nothing special but has some useful effects for me. I have zoom b3, a mark bass super synth and an ebs compressor. The markbass pedal is used almost as an octaver....the synths are good too but for my needs the b3 is enough. The synths on b3 are pretty usable and so the octaver even if it not tracks always very well.

I can not find any review about synths, ocatver and pitch bend (...yes I have to play one song in Eb). Can someone help me? Can somebody tell me how does these effects works on bass? Can I have any sample or review?? I will appreciate it!!! Thank you!!!!

In my experience, combining more effect will get you close to synth sound. Bit crusher, ring modulated and octaves are the way to go. Tracking is fine. The synth-synth sound in Helix is not good at all, sounds ok, but tracking is less than acceptable, specially on bass. So I ended up with super large pedal board, hosting HOG 2 and Boss y300 along everything else :)