Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Snapshot help

Dazzer40

Using helix LT I spent sometime time last night learning how to create snapshots and I can work this on the helix but the problem I  am having is when I try and do this with just the software editing ,  when I put my amp cab in controller assign , then to snapshot , in snapshot 1    I then  set the drive bass mid and anything else down to  3 in level , then I go to snapshot 2 and move every up to say 5  Level , when I move between the snapshots the only think it remembers is my drive level ,  This is just one example basically it only remembers my drive level and nothing else .

You have to set up the parameters to be controlled by snapshot controllers in order for their values to be recalled by snapshots. On the unit itself, press and turn the knob under the parameter you're wanting to control, and you'll see brackets appear around the parameter. Then when you set the values for each snapshot, they will be recalled accordingly (assuming you have the Snapshot Edits parameter set "recall" rather than "discard" or have saved the preset after editing the snapshot).

Well, with the editor, the shortcuts for assigning unassigning snapshot controllers are as follows:

- Snapshot Assign Shortcut—OPTION-click (Mac) or ALT-click (PC) any Home screen parameter to quickly assign its value to the Snapshots controller

- Unassign Controller Shortcut—SHIFT-OPTION-click (Mac) or SHIFT-ALT-click (PC) any Home screen parameter to instantly remove any controller assignment

• 5 months later...

Resurrecting this thread as I cannot figure out how to assign a snapshot to a block WITH HX-EDIT.  I have to tweak any parameter on the Helix LT device itself and only then it appears with Source=Snapshot.

How does this get accomplished via the editor.  I'll use the workaround but I must be missing something?

When unassigned and I click the Bypass assignment drop-down Snapshot is not a choice.  Footswitches, EXP pedal and Variax appear as choices.  I mention it as this is where I'd expect it to be.

Resurrecting this thread as I cannot figure out how to assign a snapshot to a block WITH HX-EDIT.  I have to tweak any parameter on the Helix LT device itself and only then it appears with Source=Snapshot.

How does this get accomplished via the editor.  I'll use the workaround but I must be missing something?

When unassigned and I click the Bypass assignment drop-down Snapshot is not a choice.  Footswitches, EXP pedal and Variax appear as choices.  I mention it as this is where I'd expect it to be.

Snapshots automatically recall the bypass states of all blocks in your snapshot (well, automatically depending on whether you have the Snapshot Edits parameter set to Discard or Recall. If you have it set to Discard, you'd have to re-save your snapshot/preset for the bypass states to be remembered.)

You don't have to have to have bypass assignments for blocks unless you need to have the ability to toggle their bypass states individually on the fly.

Thanks Uber. I been using snapshots a while without an issue but today was the first time I tried with an Amp block and the option simply isn’t on the menu.

Once I adjust the device it appears correctly assigned to the snapshot. I just can’t see how to initiative it from helix editor.

When you go to the BYPASS/CONTROLLER ASSIGN screen, there are two drop downs, the First is for Bypass, which will bypass the entire amp/effect. This won't have a snapshot option. But if you click that dropdown you should see your different parameters. Click that. and choose the parameter you want to snapshots to control. Now the second drop down should has snapshots as an option. For me it is the last in the list.