Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

using helix with a mesa dual rec. 100 watt head

cms1620

So I have my helix using 4CM and a voodoo control switcher to change the channels. It seems like the Helix is now my pre amp and all volume treb mid bass etc. is controlled by the helix.

I would rather it be the other way around.

Set up is as follows

Guitar in = guitar

Helix FX send = infront of my amp

Helix return = FX SEND on amp

1/4 out helix = FX return on amp

Not sure if this is correct any advice would be great thanks.

You need to add an FX LOOP Block between the FX that you want BEFORE the Mesa Preamp, and the FX you want AFTER the Preamp but BEFORE the Poweramp.

no send and receive blocks just fx blocks you say then i will have all my amp settings back? I haven't used a line6 since my flextone II HD. So this is a new thing for me. Thank you for the reply

The FX LOOP Block is in the SEND/RETURN Category. Be sure to choose the one for the ins/outs you're using.

Did that I have control back to the front end of the amp. There is a problem with my dirty channel where the volume drops way low. If I go to my lead channel the volume does boost as its designed to do. Then when I go back to the dirty the volume is correct its weird.  But from clean to dirty the volume drops off. Not sure whats going on with that. I'll try assigning to a different spot and see if that changes anything. I'll post pics later.

Did that I have control back to the front end of the amp. There is a problem with my dirty channel where the volume drops way low. If I go to my lead channel the volume does boost as its designed to do. Then when I go back to the dirty the volume is correct its weird.  But from clean to dirty the volume drops off. Not sure whats going on with that. I'll try assigning to a different spot and see if that changes anything. I'll post pics later.

Is your Rec an older model? The older models came with a parallel loop. The newer ones have serial loops. Parallel loops can cause all kinds of issues when using time/modulation effects and/or the 4 cable method. 

Is your Rec an older model? The older models came with a parallel loop. The newer ones have serial loops. Parallel loops can cause all kinds of issues when using time/modulation effects and/or the 4 cable method. 

not sure if its the Parallel loop or serial loop. How could I tell?