Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Permanent Noise on helix

esarlag

since upgrade 2.20 and 2.21

i have and permanent noise crackink and more when i play a note on sting

all my guitars and amp the same

i have to stop playing about 20min for headache :angry:

i made a support ticket

What kind of noise exactly? After you do the FS 9&10 reset procedure post-update, all the global settings are reset to default, so it is possible that you might be clipping something depending on what you have the Helix connected to.

Nothing new around my helix, i change the place and BZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz stil there

noise gate reduce but don't kill the noise

no noise since upgrade 2.20 and still on 2.21, perhaps a coincidence of something breakdown and an upgrade

Check your power cord and power strip or outlet to be sure it has a good ground connection aside from the Hot and Neutral connections. And, that your speakers and any other equipment connected to your Helix are all powered from the same outlet or power strip. Some have reported noise from their USB connection between their computer and the Helix. If your are using a USB connection disconnect it to see if that may be the cause.

same BZzzzzzzzzz when

IN by guitar in or Aux

Same noise with phones

no noise if no guitar plug in

it seems to be the reception off guitarmicro make noise in the Helix noise

I see iff i can downgrade my version and hear ifff noise still BZzzzzzz; so return to 2.10 version ans still the Bzzzz

so i think something wrong with my Helix

yes noise shut down with guitar volume, on my 3 different guitars

Your guitar pickups are picking up some electromagnetic interference (EMI), electromagnetic noise, from something in your surrounding area, in the same room perhaps. I have guitars with "noiseless" pickups, and I still get noise from EMI from some nearby LED lighting fixtures I have in the same room. When I move to the location that I get the most buzz, I can rotate my body 90 degrees, and it goes away for the most part. Noiseless pickups are engineered to remove 60 cycle hum, but will still pick up EMI. 

If you can, move your helix rig to a completely different location in your home or studio to get your guitar away from that area. Or if you have a wireless, even better. You can then move your guitar away from the area to see if your buzz goes away. 

Definitely electronic interference if you only hear it with the guitar plugged in and volume up, 99% sure its not a Helix issue. I've had to ask my neighbor (very politely, and he obliged) to move a in-home cell phone tower because he had set it up right above where I write/record and I was getting all sorts of fun interference all of the sudden. It can come from bad grounding the building, high-power wireless things like modems/routers....sucks you couldn't get it sorted.

Whenever I use an XLR out, if the sound guy forgets to turn of phantom power there is a very loud buzz and the volume level of everything dramatcally goes down.  

It's annoying, but I always tell the sound guy to turn the phantom power off, or if they can't I run my 1/4" out to a DI box instead.

Not sure if it's the same problem, but it took forever for me to figure this out.

The manual says no phantom power over the XLR, but it's one of my biggest gripes against helix that they didn't deal with this.

Definitely electronic interference if you only hear it with the guitar plugged in and volume up, 99% sure its not a Helix issue. I've had to ask my neighbor (very politely, and he obliged) to move a in-home cell phone tower because he had set it up right above where I write/record and I was getting all sorts of fun interference all of the sudden. It can come from bad grounding the building, high-power wireless things like modems/routers....sucks you couldn't get it sorted.

My Hélix back from SAV and nothing wrong!! Great, very quick, and nothing wrong!!

So I look my neighbours, one have a new electric machine, he unplugged it and my noise disappeared !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Upvote 1

So I look my neighbours, one have a new electric machine, he unplugged it and my noise disappeared !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D

So the new electric machine is a ??? Anywho The same thing happened to me when I got a new air purifier for the studio- noise when I plugged anything into the aux 3 jacks on Helix. Turned it off and the noise disappeared. 

So would please mark the topic as solved now esarlag? Thanks!

• 2 years later...

I'm having the same problems with interference from somewere if I touch my studiolive mixers faders and my guitar at the same time, or if I'm running 1/4 outs to amp same thing it's really pissing me off I made a ticket I unhooked everything in my studio but the helix and a way to monitor it and still buzzing like a chainsaw I think it's my helix rack that is running out of warranty really quick like, I'm stumped I tryed everything I could think of Ive had no problems before, but since I got a new studiolive mixer with touch sensitive motorized faders it's been a big problem even when I take the mixer out of the signal I still get a buzzing noise out of the 1/4 outs. I'm pretty sure I got a pos unit from Line 6 and hope they can come up with a solution before my warranty runs out in a couple weeks! Do I have to purchase the extended warranty to get a helix loner while mine is being serviced? I think they should send me a new one that wtf I think!!! 

• 3 years later...