Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Quick question about Helix edit app vs Helix Native

Disruptr

Hi! 

I'm strongly considering getting the Helix Floor LT. From my understanding it comes bundled (?) with the Helix edit app, which is basically a software version of the Helix floor unit. But I also see that there's an upcoming Helix Native app that's coming out soon.

So what's the difference? Is it that you can only use the Helix Edit app with your Helix floor plugged into the computer, whereas Helix Native is a standalone app I could use with my guitar directly into my Scarlett Solo audio interface and DAW? 

Helix Native is a plug-in you would use within your DAW, it is not a standalone version.

However, depending on your DAW's and computer's performance, you may be able to monitor the plug-in in real time with no noticeable latency.

Helix Edit is a free editor for the Helix hardware.

Helix Edit is not a software version of the Helix - it is essentially a remote control for the Helix with some saving and archiving added. (Backup)

Helix Native is basically what you say - but I believe you will need your DAW to use it - the story seems to be that you can build a patch in Helix Native and export it to the Helix for live use.  We suspect that the Helix editor will be redesigned to look like Native and will gain better archiving along with that..........

Whenever that is.........

Helix Edit is not a software version of the Helix - it is essentially a remote control for the Helix with some saving and archiving added. (Backup)

Helix Native is basically what you say - but I believe you will need your DAW to use it - the story seems to be that you can build a patch in Helix Native and export it to the Helix for live use.  We suspect that the Helix editor will be redesigned to look like Native and will gain better archiving along with that..........

Whenever that is.........

Yes, Native will require a DAW or at least a plug-in loader to run.

Yes, Native will require a DAW or at least a plug-in loader to run.

At launch, but a Line 6-er has hinted that making a standalone version later is high on the list.

I'm sure this has been asked plenty already but does anyone know when Native is set to be released?

Okay, everybody has to take a drink again... no date has been set in stone yet. Beta testing is commencing and going well, however.

• 1 year later...