Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I sense an update soon....

Rocco_Crocco

I sense a Native release soon and a period of feedback and maybe bug fixes before a new firmware release. Once Native is stable (hopefully soon after release) then I see a period of refining the process of porting new firmware/software simultaneously to all Helix platforms (Native, Helix, Rack, LT) in combination with working on the next firmware version.  Good thing this is a fantastic device already because I truly love a new firmware release; always happy to see new effects, amps, and features. Line6 has surprised me on many an occasion in the past though so who knows what they are multi-tasking? Just trying to be realistic about my expectations per DI's comments on this topic and others. Now that I have reminded myself to be patient I'll just quietly return to 'champing at the bit'.  ;)

I sense a Native release soon and a period of feedback and maybe bug fixes before a new firmware release. Once Native is stable (maybe immediately?) then I see a period of refining the process of porting new firmware simultaneously to all Helix platforms (Native, Helix, Rack, LT) in combination with working on the next firmware version. Good thing this is a fantastic device already because I truly love a new firmware release; always happy to see new effects, amps, and features. Line6 has surprised me on many an occasion in the past though so who knows what they are multi-tracking? Just trying to be realistic about my expectations per DI's comments on this topic and others. Now that I have reminded myself to be patient I'll just quietly return to 'chomping at the bit'. ;)

If Helix Native arrives this or next Month, paving the way for Helix Editor (with it's newly revised User Interface) and Firmware 2.30 to arrive together before the end of Summer, and then Firmware 3.0 arrives with a new Helix 3.0 User Guide by Thanksgiving, I'll be delighted! There's a massive amount of work involved to elevate Helix's entire software and firmware infrastructure to the new level of what we'll find in firmware 3.0. I also recollect DI or Frank posting (here or on TGP) that the overhaul of the Updater, Firmware Installation, Preset and IR Backup/Restore, etc. would not be introduced until later this year. So, I'm anticipating we won't see that until at least generation 3.00 firmware.

Serious question - has a new target release date/period been shared re Native, or just 'we hoped it would have been by now, it'll be as soon as we can' ? 

There has not been a date given. Beta testing is proceeding, and going well.

I must say that it has been a treat to follow all the posts on this topic.  I have to give Line6 a high 5 for having the B_lls to post a projected release date on the Native software.

Having been involved in several  software development projects, I know what it takes to bring a program like this to market!

All I learned about "release dates" can be traced back to a little 7 year old girl and an 8 year old boy.  The story goes like this . . . . .

A little 8 year old boy ran up to the sweet 7 year old smoking girl and whispered into her ear . . .

" I want ,  what I want,  when I want it!" . . . ..  The little girl proceeded to punch him directly in the nose, and whispered into his ear . . . . . "You'll get,  what I got,   when I get it!"

'nuff said .. . .  this one's for you DI!!!

Bo

• 1 month later...

I'm hoping they give the editor more in the way of editing functions such as assigning fx/pedals/amps etc to controllers etc and the tuner et al. This is really a selfish hope because I use my editor to switch when at home then have to bend down to do pedal assignment etc. Adding the tuner interface/graphics to the editor could be possible in my view due to it being part of the native version.

But we get what we're given.

I'm hoping they give the editor more in the way of editing functions such as assigning fx/pedals/amps etc to controllers etc and the tuner et al. This is really a selfish hope because I use my editor to switch when at home then have to bend down to do pedal assignment etc. Adding the tuner interface/graphics to the editor could be possible in my view due to it being part of the native version.

But we get what we're given.

There aren't any controller assignments that you can do on the hardware that you can't do in the editor, so I'm not sure what you're referring to exactly when you mention editing functions.

Not sure if this the place for such a comment...but I would love to see knobs in the editor instead of the sliders ..too big and cheasy looking. I hate scrolling down to see bottom parameters. I love the look of the eventide h9 control. Basically a sceen of the pedal itself. Love the helix otherwise!! Thanks

Not sure if this the place for such a comment...but I would love to see knobs in the editor instead of the sliders ..too big and cheasy looking. I hate scrolling down to see bottom parameters. I love the look of the eventide h9 control. Basically a sceen of the pedal itself. Love the helix otherwise!! Thanks

Hey, Flotsam71.

http://line6.com/support/topic/29099-maybe-someday/?do=findComment&comment=225122

There aren't any controller assignments that you can do on the hardware that you can't do in the editor, so I'm not sure what you're referring to exactly when you mention editing functions.

Thanks for replying, first of all.

So I'm referring to the software editor, there's no where I can see that will allow me to assign an effect - be it an amp or a reverb- to one of the switches on my hardware/floor unit. Yeah I can create my patches with ease but not my switching options. I realise I can do all of these things on the hardware, I'm either totally mistaken about the software editor or I'm suggesting it would be a great feature. Thanks.

Thanks for replying, first of all.

So I'm referring to the software editor, there's no where I can see that will allow me to assign an effect - be it an amp or a reverb- to one of the switches on my hardware/floor unit. Yeah I can create my patches with ease but not my switching options. I realise I can do all of these things on the hardware, I'm either totally mistaken about the software editor or I'm suggesting it would be a great feature. Thanks.

I just saw it at the bottom of the screen, But thanks!