Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd500x Swap Top And Bottom Row

webriffs

Hi all, I've been searching through the manuals, forums and googling for the answer but can't find it.. so maybe it's not possible but it never hurts to ask right?

On the HD500X, is there any way to either:

A> swap the function of the footswitches so that the bottom row is 'stomp' and top row is 'patch/preset' or

B> assign a patch to a specific switch in stomp mode (maybe in the midi assign?)

for example: bottom row has on/off for FS5[delay] FS6[harmony] yet change patches for FS7[patch 01A] FS8[patch 14D]

I haven't grabbed one yet as this is one of the main factors holding me back..  The second option would be extremely useful, but the first option would work much better for me than the effects on the top row.  I've got a X3 live/pro rigs and use external midi controller to get what I want but would like to have just ONE pedalboard instead of two.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks silverhead.  I didn't think there was but wasn't 100% sure.  Was hoping that maybe there was a way to do it maybe using midi implementation with specific footswitches that don't have assignments or something of that sort..

Well, here's hoping a firmware update will allow a swap of the "abcd" to the top row instead of bottom row!

• Upvote 1

After accidentally changing to a different patch while trying engage the overdrive effect on FS1, the first time I used my HD500X live, I would definitely like to be able to switch things around also. I have decided to stick with the ABCD bottom row for now rather than switch to pedalboard mode. My solution is to use FS4 for my overdrive switch. It's easier to get to because there is more room around it. Plus, I always use my right foot for pedals, so being on the right side of the board should help too. In most songs, I typically only need to toggle the overdrive on and off anyway. Most often, delay, reverb stay on. I usually have a noise gate, but that is just on with no FS assigned to it. If I have a song that does something different like switching to a really wet reverb for a part, I can just assign that to FS4 instead. So, FS4 becomes my go to switch for the song. FS3 would act as the second switch if needed for something else. Other than that, I don't want to be tap dancing all over the board during a song anyway. Not to mention, I can assign multiple effects to one switch. For example, maybe I have a clean sound with some analog chorus on for the verses, but want to turn off chorus and turn on the screamer overdrive for the chorus part of the song. One switch can do both at the same time.