Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

FireHawk with JSX Head Issues

shernishin

Before I get slammed, yes... I am new to here and the Firehawk in general.  AND I have looked at what I am hoping are all the topics on this, but I am still stuck.

I am running the FX with 4CM into my Peavy JSX heads effects loop... and using the FX's modeling it sounds "good"... But I love the gain of my amp, and really bought the FX for the convenience of a Multi Effects unit to use primarily for modulation effects and such in the preamp...

But running the FX this way,  I CANNOT get my amps gain stages to kick in? (Power amp) NO distortion whatsoever... I was hoping I didn't inadvertently fry something so I plugged straight cable from guitar into the amp input and everything was fine?

Not sure If I am doing something wrong or if anyone has any advice or input?  I have hooked it up EXACTLY as multiple sources have shown and stated.

Signal Path:

1) Firehawk's FX RETURN LEFT/MONO ----->  AMP SEND (FX LOOP)
2) Firehawk's FX SEND LEFT/MONO ------> AMP INPUT
3) Firehawk's LEFT/MONO (1/4" OUT) ------> AMP RETURN (FX LOOP)
4) Guitar ----> Firehawk's GUITAR IN

I also modified the Patch with NO Amp (Meaning NO Modeling selected.. Amp or Cab) and placed the FX LOOP Signal Patch ICON before my mod effects...

No distortion on either my Crunch or Hi-Gain channels (JSX is three channel)

Any help is greatly appreciated

• 7 months later...

My Bugera Trirec works fine on 4cm, just seems to have more noise than I would like using the preamp section.  Very little noise with the guitar plugged directly into the amp. 

Just thought that maybe the input level to the JSX or Bugera might be real low, so the preamp tubes aren't saturating, creating distortion.  A "how-to" on proper 4cm level setup would be nice.

My Bugera Trirec works fine on 4cm, just seems to have more noise than I would like using the preamp section.  Very little noise with the guitar plugged directly into the amp. 

Just thought that maybe the input level to the JSX or Bugera might be real low, so the preamp tubes aren't saturating, creating distortion.  A "how-to" on proper 4cm level setup would be nice.

Hello this methode working well for me

http://line6.com/support/topic/29886-tube-amp-using-firehawk1500-built-in-effects/

"Scif "user post !!!

Now only problem the wah order -No wha order edit then sound bad....