Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using ME80 With Helix Floor

john0255

The Helix has been such a great tool. I am just beginning to tap into how I can control other effects with it. 

My next quest is to use my Boss ME80 with the Helix.

Can I simply cable it to guitar out or should I use Effects Loop for better results?

Also, how would I connect any scenario?

Thanks for your help!!

I might suggest this as the best way to connect your ME-80:

1. Connect Helix's FX SEND 1 to the ME-80's GUITAR IN.
  2. Connect the ME-80's L/MONO OUT to Helix's FX RETURN 1.
  3. On Helix, set Global Settings > Ins/Outs > Send/Return 1 to "Instrument". It should be by default.
  4. On Helix, at the point in the signal flow where you want to insert the ME-80, add a Send/Return > Mono > FX Loop 1 block.
  5. From stomp footswitch mode, touch-hold a switch and then press Knob 6 (OK). This switch lets you instantly insert/remove your ME-80 from the signal flow.

I hate tp be a bother, but is their an example of this:

On Helix, at the point in the signal flow where you want to insert the ME-80, add a Send/Return > Mono > FX Loop 1 block.

So my understanding is I can have the ME80 basically as a block inside any patch I like?

I hate tp be a bother, but is their an example of this:

On Helix, at the point in the signal flow where you want to insert the ME-80, add a Send/Return > Mono > FX Loop 1 block.

So my understanding is I can have the ME80 basically as a block inside any patch I like?

Yes - just remember that the location will effect the outcome of the sound i.e. pre-amp or post-amp.  Also, note that the "mix" should be set to 100% if you want the effect(s) to be at full volume.  And . . .  think about putting the Snd/Return Block in Parallel with the rest of the tone path.  i.e.  Path A1 for most effects but the ME80 in Path A2 .  Just some thoughts.  There is no "right" way - just the right way for you!

Blsssings,  Bo