Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD XT USB V0.00 ESN 00000000

Hi,

I've got a problem with my POD XT that says USB V 0.00 And the ESN is only zeros. It worked flawless but after power on after it wasn't used for some months it couldn't connect to the PC. After looking on the Versions page of the I saw it has v 3.01 installed but the Version for USB is zero also the ESN.

Of course all model packs are also gone.

Tried a reset but doesn't solve the problem. Couldn't try reflashing by midi as I don't have a Midi port

SDRAM test is ok but Systemtest with button 4 on power on says Midi fail and FBX fail.What might be the issue?
I bought already another one but would like to get the unit working again. Soldering of SMD devices is no problem but what component might be defective? Thanks!

I did already but the recommendation was to go to a service center...Jeez this unit is 15 years old...I don't want to invest 100 bucks or more...So that's why I asked here. I suppose this fault might have happend to smeone else who knows what to do. Thanks anyway!

What component type is the security chip and where is it located? I might have it resolder no porblem but need to know where it is...A picture would help.
Thanks!
Edit: I've finally got the service manual and it says:

10. The board is running but USB does not work.  Check for faulty soldering on the USB controller U16 as well as the EEPROM U15 and secure memory U17 and pullup resistors R1 and R2. Check the special USB supply isolation circuit. ......

It's a symptom of faulty electrolytic caps if units stop working after shut off  as they tend to dry out after years and lost their capacity. I will check and recap this circuit first.
Thanks! 

:D 
Got it working again!
Just replaced C113 1000µF and C109 100µF. Both are located beneath the Mid pot.

Again always if units quit working after some years at switch on look out for the caps in the supply circuits. :rolleyes:  

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

YIPPEE! Capacitor, ha!

My Pod XT LIVE came back to life with valid ESN and all model packs still in place after I changed C126, which is a 1000µF.

Original part was a 6.3V capacitor, which seems a little low for a 5V interface design btw...

THANK YOU GUYS & ROCK'N ROLL!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 8/15/2017 at 2:40 PM, flovo said:

YIPPEE! Capacitor, ha!

My Pod XT LIVE came back to life with valid ESN and all model packs still in place after I changed C126, which is a 1000µF.

Original part was a 6.3V capacitor, which seems a little low for a 5V interface design btw...

THANK YOU GUYS & ROCK'N ROLL!

I am so happy I found this thread and your post. I just replaced this cap and it fixed my device! THANK YOU!

• 2 years later...

Hola Amigos mi pod xt live tiene el mismo problema. ESN 0000 USB0000 

A VECES parpadeaban las 4 luces de efectos (amp mod stomp delay) y no iniciaba. Pasaron 3 meses de estar apagada y al encenderla ahora si inicia. 

Repase todas las soldaduras y no encuentro defecto en ningún componente. 

Cambie el capacitor C126 y sigue igual. 

El monkey no la reconoce.

Alguien sabe como resolverlo? Gracias 

• 5 months later...