Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Jam with youtube videos from computer

em07189

Is it possible to jam with youtubes vídeos in my Windows PC?

I mean  can i hear the sound from the youtube vídeos and play guitar along with the unit at the same time, and hear everything at the same time from headphones? how do i Setup the unit for this?

Is it possible to control the unit from my Windows PC?

If you have not already, install the USB drivers, it allows you to use the FX100 as a USB Audio interface.

Then all you need to do is connect your headphones to the FX100.

No, currently there is no PC editor for the AMPLIFi series.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks! I installed the drivers on my Windows 10 system, making the FX100 a sound output device (via USB) and now I can play along with youtube and my own mp3s without any lag. I have connected the 2 "main out" lines to an old Yamaha AV receiver and drive either large speakers or headphones from there.

Cables required:

* USB 2.0 Cable - A-Male to B-Male (I have also used a USB 2.0 extenstion cable to lengthen the reach, but it is better to have a single cable.)

* shielded audio cable, male 1/4 inch mono to male RCA plug (left channel from "main out" on FX100.)

* shielded audio cable, male 1/4 inch mono to male RCA plug (right channel from "main out" on FX100.)

Instead of the separate output cables, you could use the stereo headphone jack with a TRS plug on one end of the cable to a pair of RCA plugs on the other end.