Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

X3 Pro Running to UX2

Wasn't sure which section to post in. 

Basically, i just picked up an X3 pro dirt cheap and I want to run it to my UX2. I understand I can use the X3 as an interface alone but due to my setup, it's not as convenient. My UX2 is right in front of me where as the X3 will be in a different location. Basically the UX2 will be a $200 volume control at this point i guess. 

I have my studio monitors connected to the analog outs on the UX2. 

Will either of these setups work. 

X3 Studio Outs (XLR TO TRS Cables) running to UX2 Line Inputs (Assuming the UX2 inputs are mono)

X3 SPDIF to UX2 Stereo Monitor In (not sure if this will work)

I'm trying to avoid using the headphone out on the X3 to the instrument in on the X2, would like to keep all connections on the rear of both units. 

Photos of both for reference

post-2391587-0-85683900-1500261096_thumb.jpg

post-2391587-0-88320800-1500261114_thumb.jpg

You can use the XLR to TRS. You can also use the 1/4" outs on the X3 to the Line Ins of the UX2. In either case you will want to set the outputs on the X3 to Line.

But this really is not optimal, you are introducing unneeded A/D D/A conversions. 

You're better off getting a mixer, doesn't need to be fancy, that way you can have more the one source connected to your monitors.

• Upvote 1