Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk FX wont start

Firecat606

• 1 year later...

Almost the same here. Firehawk FX doesn't start, just shows firmware version on display, and red "A" button is blinking. Helps only "soft" resetting 1-3 times. I flashed every possible firmware version, made factory resets - unit may start 2-3 times in a row, but after switching off for a half an hour always ends with blinking "A".

Opened a support ticket.

Added video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAC1Xd_8lYU

• 1 month later...

I just purchased a Firehawk FX for a small investment. The previous owner had a failed update and did not know how to fix it. I downloaded the driver plus the updater and with the program running, forced the update by holding A and C while powering up.

The update worked but immediately on the automatic restart the A button was flashing and it would not proceed to the "Starting up" status (which should occur quickly).

I figured out that if I plugged the computer in to the unit with the USB cable and then powered it on that it comes on fine. Unplug the USB and it will get stuck on the Flashing A button glitch again (if powered off and back on)., but will work perfectly if plugged back in to the computer with the USB cable and the power button cycled off and on again.

I like the unit, and the features are great. I do wish that there wasn't this issue which seems to be pretty common on this model. 

As long as I can jump start it I will use it at home to practice. I wouldn't trust it for playing Gigs or anything. Unfortunate. At least I don't have much invested.

Something about the USB being plugged in to the computer is bypassing the problem, which should be a key indicator of how to fix it. Hopefully Line 6 personnel can figure out how to fix via an update with this information. 

Any others who are having this problem - please try this fix on your unit and report the results. If it is repeatable on multiple units it may be a simple fix for the programmers.

• 1 month later...

I am having the same boot problem, in any version the lights on the buttons A to D flash, and the screen displays the message: load error -42, I opened the support ticket, and they only ask me to send it to the reseller authorized. I live in Brazil and around here is practically impossible. I regret the purchase, the product is little more than 1 year, and I did not use it before, it was stuck in the luggage all the time when it came into the customs of my country ... I am very disappointed with the line6, I see that I will stay with my ZOOM G5.

• 6 months later...

Hi Unit is powered on and I get no display and a solid red light on switch "A". I have tried starting every other combination I can think of pushing buttons when powering on but no luck. Does anyone have any ideas??

I know almost nothing about the FHFX, as I've only had about 2 weeks, but I did a lot of research before buying and found a thread (I believe in this forum) that said there was a corrupt tone patch on the cloud causing this to occur for some users. have you downloaded any new tones from the cloud? and if so, have you tried a factory reset yet?

Hi 

I have tried a the Factory Reset with no result and every other button combination I can think of when powering on. I just get a dull blue screen and most times the "A" button is a solid red light. Once all A-B-C- D buttons where all flashing and only once did it show the version # on the display screen. No recent update or patches as this has been out of commission for months. Just started at it again thinking what a waste not to be using the pedal.

Thank you for your response.

Bill

• 10 months later...

I'm facing a similar issue when i turn on my FHFX only the LED backlight lights up with no text. No other lights or buttons are working. I looked on the internet for solution but got no luck. Please help if anyone has the solution. I also tried connecting it to PC and updating but the updater wouldn't show any devices connected.

• 5 months later...
On 16/6/2020 at 3:02, Pluckedstrings said:

Me enfrento a un problema similar cuando enciendo mi FHFX, solo la luz de fondo LED se enciende sin texto. No funcionan otras luces o botones. Busqué una solución en Internet, pero no tuve suerte. Por favor ayude si alguien tiene la solución. También intenté conectarlo a la PC y actualizarlo, pero el actualizador no mostraba ningún dispositivo conectado.

bbrooo me pasa o mismo enb 2020 lo solucionaste?

On 7/18/2019 at 3:05 PM, browsell said:

Hi 

I have tried a the Factory Reset with no result and every other button combination I can think of when powering on. I just get a dull blue screen and most times the "A" button is a solid red light. Once all A-B-C- D buttons where all flashing and only once did it show the version # on the display screen. No recent update or patches as this has been out of commission for months. Just started at it again thinking what a waste not to be using the pedal.

Thank you for your response.

Bill

Did you ever solve this issue? i have exatly same problem. A-button with solid red light after start up. No recent updates or anything else... 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...