Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Crazy question for Helix / Eventide H9 users

Flotsam71

Does any one if it's possible to use the amp 1/2 control switch on helix as an aux switch for the H9?? The H9 aux switch is a three way switch tip/sleeve/ring something....can't remember at the moment. I just need one thing activated. I don't use the amp/control on helix for my Marshall cause as most of you know...IT DOES>NT F-ING WORK!! I use midi for channel switching. I also use midi from helix for the H9 which by the way is amazing is stereo through helix. But I still want to control a feature not midi-able...does that make sense? Any advice greatly appreciated. Can I hurt anything by trying this?? Is it just a relay?? Can I fry the H9...or any other pedal by attempting this?? Thanks again.

I really doubt you could fry anything. I haven't tried it, but it looks like it would work.  The H9 can detect Tip, Ring, or Tip+Ring (shorting to Sleeve), and the Helix can generate Tip or Ring short to Sleeve. You'd need a TRS cable, and you could only use 2 of the 3 switch function assignments on the H9.

The only glitch I can see is if the Helix doesn't hold the short long enough for the H9 to react.

One of the few things i actually got the Aux switch to work with was the H9... it's clunky but ok for the H9. You can't break anything here, but you will need a stereo plug and patience. I found in the end it was better to forget using the aux switch, and do most control of the H9 via midi from the Helix.