Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Four Green LEDs in guitar

Hi everyone, 

I'm new here, but in general pretty pleased with my Variax JTV-69.

I do have a quick question, however.

The green LED battery indicators (inside the back of the guitar) have never gone beyond three lights out of the four, even when a fully charged battery is inserted.

It's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but I am assuming that the fourth LED is a dud, or otherwise defective.

Anyone else experience something similar?

Thanks

Rick

Variaxes in general don't exactly fly off the shelves. Even if the guitar is new, it may have been sitting in a stock room with nobody charging the battery, for quite some time before you bought it...months if not a year or two. It's far more likely to be just an old battery that won't take a full charge anymore...LED's are pretty indestructible.

Variaxes in general don't exactly fly off the shelves. Even if the guitar is new, it may have been sitting in a stock room with nobody charging the battery, for quite some time before you bought it...months if not a year or two. It's far more likely to be just an old battery that won't take a full charge anymore...LED's are pretty indestructible.

Agreed, from experience.

Thanks for the replies, folks.

I've tried it with two batteries - the one that came with the guitar, and a replacement battery that I got (assuming the first one wasn't holding a full charge).

Any other suggestions for testing the LEDs? Or anyone in London with another battery I can try? :)  

Thanks!

Rick