Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT Phantom power

fotogestaltung

I want to connect the Helix LT to a mixer via XLR output. The manual says that I have to switch off any phantom power. In the mixer, however, this can only be switched for all XLRs. Can I use a XLR to jack adapter and plug the Helix into the jack input fo the mixer? I cannot use the 1/4 output, because I need that to go into my Marshall.

Can I use this one:

https://www.thomann.de/de/pro_snake_tpa_1003_fj.htm?ref=search_rslt_Klinke+XLR+Adapter_259701_3

Yes, that would work, although it's probably not ideal since the 1/4" jack on the mixer is probably unbalanced. You might be better off picking up a phantom power blocker to put between the mixer and the LT.

Even though the manual says to not use phantom power, you won't hurt the hardware by trying it. If the signal-to-noise ratio drops precipitously, you know there's a problem. If it appears to sound the same, you're in the clear. The difference will be obvious.

Even though the manual says to not use phantom power, you won't hurt the hardware by trying it. If the signal-to-noise ratio drops precipitously, you know there's a problem. If it appears to sound the same, you're in the clear. The difference will be obvious.

So Helix and Helix LT are really the same in this regard? I thought you'd sort it out for LT release...

So Helix and Helix LT are really the same in this regard? I thought you'd sort it out for LT release...

It's tied to a feature in Helix (anti-pop connection in XLR I think). Can't just be sorted out as I understand it.

Thanks for all your replies, guys!!

Why do you think, it´s NOT a solution?

That is for taking a balanced TRS connection (which Helix does NOT have) and adapting it to XLR.

The 1/4" outs are unbalanced, and work fine with a DI if you need those outputs to go to an XLR path.

The XLR outs would need a phantom blocker, like the one mentioned above.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Would this device also work?

http://digitalaudioservice.de/triton-audio-phantom-blocker.html

I´m asking, because I´d like to buy from a german dealer, because I live in Germany. Do you know, what the german word for phantom power blocker is? I cannot find such a thing.

That is precisely what you want!