Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using Helix LT with piezo equipped Music Man Silhouette

Jlectka1

With my current guitar I run a dual cable with one output going to my pedal board and amp and the other (piezo) going to a di box and then the pa.

My question is: can I use the helix the same way, only with both outputs going into the helix and then the PA?? Or maybe just the acoustic patches to the PA and the electric to my amp? I'd like to just set up one button to switch to my acoustic sound and patches for the songs in my sets that need it. Can I even have the two cables out of my guitar go into two input plugs on the Helix LT ?

If I can I'll likely buy one tomorrow.

Yes this is totaly possible, you can for instance send the piezo to one xlr, and mag pickups to the other or electric stereo from xlr's and the piezo stereo from the jack outs, apart from the guitar in, you can use fx return 1 and 2 as seperate inputs and asign them to one of the 4 avaiable paths. Al very very easy to asign.

I run something similar with my musician JP.  I have been messing with using snapshots to bypass everything but an IR block, compressor, and reverb.  It also changes the IR from a cab to an acoustic body IR.  I still run one cable from the guitar so I do the piezo switching there, but you certainly can set it up with two inputs.