Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Unsolvable issue (Line 6 UX2)

jpcramerzxz

I cannot tell if the issue is coming from something being with my UX2 or Pod farm. The sound stops transmitting, as i notice the small needles in the front of the UX2 stop moving, and the "Out" that shows my voice transmitting on pod farm stops as well. It happens randomly and i can't duplicate it. I just reformatted to Windows 10 from 7, where i used the UX2 as well and never had any issues. 

What I've done so far :

Updated drivers (Reinstalled multiple times)

Turned power settings to high (Everything set to never shut off)

Turned off sleep mode/power saving mode

Updated audio drivers for motherboard

I'm not sure if it possible that i didn't install something properly after reformatting that requires the UX2 to run efficiently. For example something for my motherboard. Windows updates, etc. I doubt this is the issue.

The temporary fix to get the mic working again after it shuts off is to change the format inside the line 6 UX2 audio interface in windows settings, closing pod farm and reopening it. I can also unplug the usb from the back and it resets then as well. 

I'm completely in need of help and ever so stuck. Please..someone help me.

SSD/HD: Corsair Force LX Series 512GB
 Memory: GSkill Ripjaw DDR4/2800MHz 16GB
 Motherboard: MSI x99S GAMING 7 ATX
 PSU: Corsair 850W CSM 80 Plus Gold
 GPU: Nvidia 980 4GB GDDR5
 CPU: Intel Core i7-5820k Six-Core 3.30GHz

Have you tried to reinstall the firmware in the UX2? I was able to do that with mine but I didn't have your issue. Hope that helps some.

What do you mean the firmware? I assume that's different from the line 6 ux2 drivers that come with monkey. If so, yes I've reinstalled the drivers inside monkey.

What do you mean the firmware? I assume that's different from the line 6 ux2 drivers that come with monkey. If so, yes I've reinstalled the drivers inside monkey.

Yes it's different than the drivers. With the device connected to the computer open Line 6 Monkey look for firmware then click on it and click reinstall firmware. Check it out and see if it's there.

If i haven't reinstalled this from when i ran on windows 7 to my reformat of windows 10 would this have any affect on the current way its installed? Not sure if by default it was already installed when i reinstalled the drivers, if not then it's possible the firmware is from windows 7? I'm just trying to think of everything.

If i haven't reinstalled this from when i ran on windows 7 to my reformat of windows 10 would this have any affect on the current way its installed? Not sure if by default it was already installed when i reinstalled the drivers, if not then it's possible the firmware is from windows 7? I'm just trying to think of everything.

As far as I know the firmware in the UX2 is separate from the OS. I had an issue with my UX2 I couldn't fix any other way. Like you I uninstalled the drivers, programs. I did everything but redo the firmware.

In Monkey if you select/click the 'firmware' you should see a button that allows you to reinstall it. Most people are afraid to install/reinstall firmware cause their is a risk that if the 'installation' is interrupted somehow the device could be rendered useless or so some say 'bricked'.

I've never had an issue working with firmware and I've dealt with a lot of devices.

No luck, still stopped. I've tried calling and it ended with basically saying sometimes it's just not compatible except that isn't the case. Worked when i had window 7 for 8 months but now when i go to windows 10 it's nothing but problems.