Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G10 Relay micro switch

Buddy299

Anyone else having trouble with their G10 kill switch? I'm fairly certain this the cause. My G10 worked great for about three months then it stopped in the middle of a show. The transmitter LED was green and receiver was solid white but I had no signal. Blowing compressed air into the housing around the switch fixes it for a time but I can only get it to last for about a set now. I haven't tried redocking it for 15 seconds according to the tutorial but with both status LED's good I have to assume the kill switch is failing, wearing out, or getting corroded. I use the hell out of this thing! On a side note, I do believe this started right after I brought my new Firehawk FX to my shows. Are they interfering with each other? Unconfirmed but as I said, both G10 status LED's show no loss of signal.

• Upvote 1

I am having the same problem. The lights of the transmitter and receiver light up as it should, but the audio signal does not reach. Sometimes it works, but the problem is persistent. Probably some bad contact, but I don't know if it is at the receiver or at the transmitter. The biggest problem is that I live in Brazil and not encounter a technical assistance here. The product worked perfectly for a year and a half and has not suffered any damage.

Any idea?

Thanks

I am having the same problem. The lights of the transmitter and receiver light up as it should, but the audio signal does not reach. Sometimes it works, but the problem is persistent. Probably some bad contact, but I don't know if it is at the receiver or at the transmitter. The biggest problem is that I live in Brazil and not encounter a technical assistance here. The product worked perfectly for a year and a half and has not suffered any damage.

Any idea?

Thanks

Start a support ticket with Line 6 even though you have had it that long. The G10 hasn't been out for a year and a half, I think it has been just over a year. 

I am almost sure that the problem is in the receiver. There would be a way to restore the firmware of the receiver?

You use the Line 6 Updater to update firmware. I am not sure if you can "reinstall" it though. I have never had to try that. It is covered by a one year warranty, so I would open a support ticket so Line 6 can take care of it. 

Adding to my original note. After some research in the user guide (Reading directions!), I'm moving away from suspecting the micro switch on my G10 to WiFi interference. My band has numerous wireless devices and I use my tablet with my Firehawk. More on-stage experimentation forthcoming.

• Upvote 1

The normal behavior of sync is the following: When the transmitter is removed from the dock the halo is white blinking until the micro switch is pressed when the halo is solid white. What is happening is the following: When the transmitter is removed from the dock the halo stays solid white for 45 seconds and then starts blinking in red.

The normal behavior of sync is the following: When the transmitter is removed from the dock the halo is white blinking until the micro switch is pressed when the halo is solid white. What is happening is the following: When the transmitter is removed from the dock the halo stays solid white for 45 seconds and then starts blinking in red.

Get the number of red blinks on the transmitter, it is an error code, then start a support ticket with Line 6. 

What starts blinking in red is the receiver and not the transmitter.

I've opened a ticket in support and they will send me a new transmitter, but I think that the error is in the receiver.

A video of the behavior of the receiver:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AppMJQfaMtIqoSnrM4QlefdN1FC4

I believe mine does the same thing if I don't put the transmitter into a guitar to make the micro switch. After a certain time, the receiver will blink red because it is not getting a signal from the transmitter. I'll test it later on my unit. 

Do the test, please! The normal is that the halo of the receiver is pulsing white when the transmitter is withdrawn. As you can see in the video the halo of the receiver is solid white, which should only occur when the transmitter is plugged into the guitar.

I take the transmitter out, the receiver blinks white forever until I insert the transmitter into guitar, then white continuously without blinking. I believe they are correct in that there is an issue with the transmitter. 

Thank you for testing! I'm going to wait for the new transmitter and I hope that this is the problem. I love this unit!

UPDATE. I had my receiver base powered up this weekend. I let my transmitter fully charge, then just pulled it out about 1/4" until the LED went out. After a couple of minutes, the receiver base started blinking red. I put the transmitter into my guitar and started playing, all was good. 

So, my unit does the same thing, but all is well. I am not sure why it didn't do that during my test last week. 

• 2 weeks later...

Adding to my original note. After some research in the user guide (Reading directions!), I'm moving away from suspecting the micro switch on my G10 to WiFi interference. My band has numerous wireless devices and I use my tablet with my Firehawk. More on-stage experimentation forthcoming.

I would like to know if you managed to solve the problem with the G10 transmitter. I opened a ticket and they sent me another transmitter, but I'll only receive it in December when my friend comes to Brazil. I wanted to know if the problem is really with the transmitter or with the receiver.

Thanks