Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How has line 6 support been?

oldmanrockband

I recently purchased a Spider V240 and FBV3 foot controller. The FBV3 became bricked when I tried to run the updater on it. Tech support help was limited to 'return the unit' Ther was no engagement to help solve the actual problem, which I eventually did by myself. I'm new to line 6 and  despite some difficulties, I'm happy with the gear.

Have others found tech support to be of much help?

Andy

Well, we can quibble about the semantics. It was effectively 'bricked' until I found out about holding 'FS1' and 'A' key while plugging USB in. This at least brought it back to life and put some lights on and an 'update required' on the display. This 'trick' was neither in the documentation nor was it offered as a 'try this' by the tech support.

My original problem was that the update wouldn't complete properly on the FBV3 with Windows 7 Professional. It didn't work on two of those systems, but eventually did on a Win 7 Home Premium system, which is consumer version of Win 7. All of this info was clearly  presented to the tech support people.