Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using Line6 FBV Control program with FBV3

Maybe I'm missing something. I hook up my FBV3 to my computer and run 'Line6 FBV Control'. changes I make on the screen are reflected immediately, on the pedal, which is fine. When I disconnect the USB and hook the FBV3 up to my Spider V 240, the settings revert back to original. Is there a 'save to device' setting I'm missing?

Specifically, I want to switch the locations of the 'function' and 'tap tempo' buttons, and possibly find a way to make the bank up/down scroll back to 1 after I hit bank 32.

Andy

To start, does your FBV 3 have the latest firmware? I'm up to date and find I can cycle back from 32 to preset 1. 

As for FBV control; I don't believe you can edit how FBV 3 behaves with Spider V using FBV control. FBV control is designed to setup commands if you are using FBV 3 with a with a piece of hardware or software that isn't Line 6. As far as I know, the only changes on the FBV 3 you can make when paired with Spider V would be the effect assignment (excluding locked in comp and reverb.)

• Ok, thanks, got it. 'FBV control' is for using the FBV3 as a midi controller on 3rd party PC/Mac software.  No use to me as a Spider owner.
  •  
  • I'm on 1.02 on the FBV3 and 1.04 build 121 on the Spider V 240.
  •  
  • With the FBV3 I can scroll up to 32, but not beyond. I doesn't go back to 1. Same thing with the knob on the Spider V.  
  •  
  • The function switch for Looper control is in the totally the wrong position. You have to balance on one foot and try to tap at the right time to get the timing right. Very awkward.

Andy

• 2 years later...

Hi, I just purchased one of these *^*&^%$%* fbv3 foot controller and im using the spider V 240hc. I cant seem to get it to do what I want and haven't yet found anyone to help me. Im 61 and old school and all I want to do is program certain sounds to one of the ABCD buttons. Can you help me at all.  You can call or text me at 812-568-5892 anytime

On 9/16/2019 at 8:53 PM, kramberger said:

Hi, I just purchased one of these *^*&^%$%* fbv3 foot controller and im using the spider V 240hc. I cant seem to get it to do what I want and haven't yet found anyone to help me. Im 61 and old school and all I want to do is program certain sounds to one of the ABCD buttons. Can you help me at all.  You can call or text me at 812-568-5892 anytime

If you want to move presets around to different ABCD locations start by choosing a preset and then pressing and holding the rotary knob below the screen. This will open up the save menu. Turn the rotary knob to scroll until you reach the second line that reads "Destination", press the knob once when selected. Turn the rotary knob to select a a different place to store your preset, press and hold to save. *Note that saving your preset in a different location will overwrite the existing preset in that location. You can use one of the empty user banks (presets 32 A-D) as a place holder, if you don't want to overwrite any tones in the process. 
Alternatively, you can also use the free Spider Remote app for mobile device or computer and drag and drop your presets in the desired order. This method is the easiest of the two. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...