pbailleur

(busker) Amp for electric + acoustic + singing

Hello,

I'm looking for an Amp that I can use to play acoustic and electric guitar and that I can use with a microphone. Until now I only found acoustic amps that I can use with a microphone. And yes, I'd like to continue using my firehawk FX pedal board ...

A think the Spider Amps could be a solution for the electric/acoustic combi but it's not clear if I'd be able to use a microphone.

Why this question. I'd like to have one amp that I can take with me on the road ...

Looking forward to read your answers. Thanks !!!

Philippe

Hi Philipe, you could feed the mic into the aux input, but you'd need a small mixer to convert the xlr input as well as give it more gain, balance the levels and adjust the eq.

Roland Cube Street is a buskers dream, can be run on 6 AA batteries, separate guitar and mic inputs plus aux/mp3 input. 

Yes, you would need some kind of external mic preamp (i.e from a mixer) to be able to use a mic.  If you are using a Firehawk for your guitar, you don't need the Spider amp's FX anyway.

Can I run my Roland Sound Canvas into the aux in and play it through the Spider while using the guitar too?    Thanks, Scott

Yeah. I dont know what a sound canvas is, but if it has a volume control on it, you can mix the level with the guitar input, and the overall volume with the master volume