Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Billy sheehan using helix lt

MGblade

Nice to see him showcasing Helix - he's been onboard with various Line 6 devices for a good while now.

Nice to hear he sounded very much 'him' with that pared-down setup.

I wonder - is his preamp in the firmware we're using? Or was that something special for him?

(I recall that Line 6 modelled Pete Anderson's own amp and put it on unique POD chips for him, and eventually they released it in a later generation POD model pack add-on for the masses... I think I'm remembering that correctly.)

Nice to see him showcasing Helix - he's been onboard with various Line 6 devices for a good while now.

Nice to hear he sounded very much 'him' with that pared-down setup.

I wonder - is his preamp in the firmware we're using? Or was that something special for him?

(I recall that Line 6 modelled Pete Anderson's own amp and put it on unique POD chips for him, and eventually they released it in a later generation POD model pack add-on for the masses... I think I'm remembering that correctly.)

It came out on 2.20 firmware:

Busy One Ch1, based on* channel 1 of the Pearce BC-1 bass preamp

Busy One Ch2, based on* channel 2 of the Pearce BC-1 bass preamp

Busy One Jump, based on* channel 1 and 2 (jumped) of the Pearce BC-1 bass preamp

It came out on 2.20 firmware:

Busy One Ch1, based on* channel 1 of the Pearce BC-1 bass preamp

Busy One Ch2, based on* channel 2 of the Pearce BC-1 bass preamp

Busy One Jump, based on* channel 1 and 2 (jumped) of the Pearce BC-1 bass preamp

Thank-you.

Now I sort of recall it from the release notes.

I wonder if he was being literal - did he loan him his preamp to be modelled?

If so, extra-cool.

As a guitarist, I count Billy in as an influence; he's got some approaches to music and playing which definitely have made an impact on the player that I am as a result.

There was a time when I almost shifted over from guitar to bass, mainly inspired by Billy.

• Upvote 1

Billy is a great all-around musician. I grew up watching him, and Talas evolve.

He can play guitar with the best of them too. His take on multi-frequency amplification

and overdrive were inspirational. The Helix project was probably pure joy for him.

He used to have a chasing LED pack on his strap that looked really cool as he was pounding

out the grooves to Thick Head or High Speed on Ice.

• 6 months later...