Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Version 1.2 Update

While we are waiting for clarification and for the link to be corrected to 1.2, I wonder if anyone knows the secret to saving our setups and personal presets and of course scenes. 

When I did the update to 1.1 which was "almost" immeditately after getting the M20d, I tried to save all that stuff but after updating I couldn't find any of it.  Now this far in, I have different set ups for different rooms and different bands as well as presets for my vocal mic and other mics that I use in my bands as well as my guitars etc.  It would be a real setback to lose all that after updating.

Page 9.7 in the Advanced Guide

Update M20d
Selecting the
Update M20d
tab enables you to backup your presets or update your firmware.
Backup Presets
Allows you to backup your presets to external media for later recall before you update your firmware,
or to take your presets to a different StageScape M20d unit.
Update System Firmware
Download the latest StageScape M20d firmware from www.line6.com and place the .ssf file onto
a USB Hard Drive, Flash Drive, or SD Card and plug it into your M20d.
You will be prompted that the update process will overwrite any stored presets on the unit. To retain
your presets across firmware updates, begin by using the
Backup Presets
option, then
Update
System Firmware
and finally,
Restore From Backup

*Note: Some presets may sound different due to system changes, and may require adjustment

Can someone please confirm that Setups created and backuped in 1.1 still work fine in 1.2? Or has anybody seen glitches with recordings or channelstrips on imported Setups? Would be nice to read some reports before I destroy our hard worked on Setups during upgrade  :)

Is there also a new manual explaining new functions? Or at least an add-on to the existing manual?

I suspect there may be a few hitches getting everything active at the same time. When a new firmware is released we have to send the notices, post the firmware in the download section and post the new remote app in the App Store.

Please note. That when you upgrade the firmware the old 1.10 iPad app will no longer work and you will have to load the 1.20 app. So you may want to wait a few hours until they are both posted.

Thanks Brian, I had followed those steps but my setups were gone and I think at that early stage, I just had setups and no presets or scenes.  The setups are more important to me because I can load in a setup and it loads up all the channels and settings I need for my band to just plug and play.  If it only saves presets. I'm physically going to have to a) from my existing setups create presets for everything that is plugged in, and then b) once I update start again from scratch loading in the individual presets to create the entire stage mix. 

Now it seems to me that when I create my own preset, it actually includes trim and FOH levels.  So while tedious it may mean that I can get my FOH mix back.  The problem is... for which band and which room.  I have a vocal preset that I named Kevin's OM5 and another that's named GR-55.  I load in those presets into each setup for all 3 of my bands.  But obviously there is going to be some adjustments in the level between bands.  And sometimes again with each band from room to room, so the bottom line is I'll have to recreate the mix when I recreate the setups.  All this isn't even touching the crucial topic of monitor mixes.  If I create a preset for the monitors will it remember how much send from each channel? Or on my vocal/instrument presets will they remember how much send level goes to each monitor?  Or am I going to have to start from scratch building monitor mixes.  Now that I have gone to in ear monitors with each band, the monitor mixes aren't affected by the stage or by the room.  So once you dial in a good mix, everyone just has to be responsible for making sure their output levels are consistent at the source instrument. 

Setups capture all these important settings and are much quicker to load, even if you have to make minor tweaks in a new room, you're way ahead.  So for me anyway it's crucial to be able to save them.   I think these new features are going to be awesome so I'm going to update, but I'd rather know ahead of time if I'm going to have to document all my settings so that I can recreate them rather than find out after the update and all those settings are gone for good.

The StageScape firmware v1.20 (http://line6.com/software/) and the iPad app v1.20 (Apple App Store) are now available. If you backup presets in the system menu before doing the update and restore from backup afterwards the presets and setups are restored.

The updated user guide can be found here: http://line6.com/stagescape-m20d/resources

This looks really awesome!  I am really glad to see that we can put the fader level and the trim level in one shot.  More for the meters than the faders.  I like to be able to glance over and see those two meters.  Even my studiolive couldn't show them both at once!  And I admit, since using the M20D, and having the "auto trim" feature, I have not worried much about input gains since! 

An awesome update....but...do you think a "monitor only" app will be in the works some day?  And, possibly a better Media player as has been requested?

But I can only assume great things will keep coming.

A huge thanks to Line 6 for the ongoing development.  From a very happy customer, who loves updates and looks forward to the next!

My first experience with 1.2

Excellent work !!!

This is a great and huge increase in functionality of the M20d.

Now it's possible to watch nearly all of the M20d parameters and levels (e.g. trim gain levels of all input channels) simultaniously.

For me and my band now it's the perfect mixer.

Backed up my presets, installed 1.2...restored my presets...perfect! Awesome update Line6. As with everyone so far, i really like the fader view. Haven't had a chance to try the artists presets...will soon...and really hope future updates will include more presets like this...

My update went very smoothly as well... Back up and restore saved everything ... Very thankful for that. I don't know if it's designed this wY but it gave me the option to choose SD or USB to back up to but would only successfully back up to USB.. I think if I ever have to do it again, I'll just take the SD card out while backing up. The functionality is vey very nice... Thanks Line 6 great job!!!!

Very excited about the new update. Can anyone tell me if any bug fixs were included in the release? I know sometimes my monitor mix woudl flip from unlinked to linked on its own.

This might be actually an a result of our intended operation. When the channel level is turned all the way down and the monitor level is linked and turned up the monitor link breaks to allow turning up the monitor.

The media player still does not stop automatically. Does anyone have information when that is programmed by Line 6?
The support has replied and informed that it is not currently possible to my question.
I think that support customers' requests not to be included in the programming. I am disappointed with Line 6.

I guess it depends what you want to use the media player for. I use it to play "DJ" music between sets, so I don't want it to stop automatically. On the other hand if you're using it for backing tracks you probably want it to stop after each song.

As you can see whether or not this needs to be fixed is a matter of perspective. If they change it to suit your needs it's broken for mine.

Is there a way to start/stop with a foot switch? That would be the best solution. Since a band using it for backing tracks would be up on stage anyway and have access to the the foot switch. Personally when I'm playing music between sets, I just want to let it play and sit and relax somewhere not sit by the mixer pressing start again for each new song.

I must admit that single track playback option on the media player would have been a big plus. A simple 'play mode' button would seem to be all that is required in order that a user could toggle between continuous or single track playback. Great that you can use a footswitch to control the media player but without the single track mode it just can't be used effectively for backing tracks. In a conversation some time ago with someone in support it was indicated that this was a high priority for a firmware upgrade but obviously not this time around. There is of course a perfectly acceptable workaround and that is an ipod (check out a great iPhone app called OneTrack) but it seems like a really small feature to add. Having said that, software is never straightforward I appreciate!

Phenomenal job, guys! Big thumbs up!

Love the quick work-flow with the faders, and the ease of switching between trim, pan and fx sends. Verrrrrrry nice!

Now if we could choose to mute the fx sends rather than the returns I'd be fully there.

Someday.

• 2 years later...

Mine came with 1.20 but I went thru the firmware update anyway to see if it would fix my output volume reset issue when switching presets. That was one of the major selling points for this board for me, and I still have this problem. Any ideas what may be causing it?

Just to be clear.... Your volume level resets when you switch presets, or when you switch Setups?

If the latter, that won't be 'fixed' because it's desired behaviour. Different Setups (venues) require different master volume levels. Volume is reset to zero when changing Setups to avoid any sudden volume increases that could damage ears or equipment.

Within a Setup you may be able to use Scenes to meet your requirements and retain the overall volume level.