Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

sbedfordbass

Greetings fellow Line6 Users!

Hoping someone can tell me what the parameters are on the 3 OSC Synth block? I'll start by saying I dont own a Helix, but have been closely following features and functionality since release. I'm a bassist and predominantly play electronic genres for a living - currently using the POD HD500x for all my synth-bass needs (almost exclusively for this purpose, occasionally guitar wah) and I used the M9 and M13 before it - all with great sucess! So my bread and butter is the filter section (Dual Synth-O-Matic signals as my main synth generator followed by a host of filtering - Voice Box, Throbber, Slow Filter, Q Filter etc etc). I'm just wondering what the Helix can offer along these lines, as I can only guess from scouring the manual......I have searched long and hard to find decent audio / video examples of sounds or even the edit screen with little success. Would also like to know which waveforms are available with this effect block if possible!  Looking to pull the trigger on a Helix asap, as the routing options would connect all the dots as far as my setup is concerned - but this is the deciding factor for me as it's basically just use it as a synthesiser. I'll finish by saying I live in Dubai so road testing is unfortunately out of the question for me.

Any help would be super appreciated!!!

Thanks guys,

Steve

Hi Steve!

No experience with the 3 OSC synth just yet, but I've started playing around with the 3 Note Generator quite a bit, and it's opening up a whole new world for me. I've included a link at the bottom where I've setup snapshots to change note and octave values.

The parameters for the 3 OSC synth are:

Wave: Value from 0-10

Duty Cycle: %

Octave: -3 - +2

Frequency: +/- 12

Pan:

Level:

Filter Preset: 1-4

FM 3 > 1: 0-10

Low Cut:

High Cut:

Level

The first section is parameters that you can change for each OSC, and the second section is overall. The 3 Note Generator and 4 OSC Generator have more traditional wave shapes like saw up, saw down, triangle, sine, and square. The primary difference seems to be the extra oscillator and the way you choose notes. On the 3 note, it's octave/note, and the 4 is frequency based.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-berry-992559561/pads

Although it will not help soundwise, you can download the editor for free to view the parameters.

And when Helix Native is released you will be able to demo it for free.

Edited by Triryche
incorrect info

Although it will not help soundwise, you can download the editor for free to view the parameters.

And when Helix Native is released you will be able to demo it for free.

I don't think this works. When I open the editor without it plugged in to my Helix, all I get is a "not connected to Helix" notification. I can't do anything within the app (as far as I can tell). 

I don't think this works. When I open the editor without it plugged in to my Helix, all I get is a "not connected to Helix" notification. I can't do anything within the app (as far as I can tell). 

Yeah, the Helix editor doesn't work at all without a Helix attached.

• 2 weeks later...