Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Routing Issue

PBGas

Hi Folks,

Just a quick question.   I have started programming some of my settings when using my amp via 4CM with my Helix.    I needed a few more effects and went with the parallel path with the input along path A and out to Path B and then to the output.  

I'm not sure if I have setup something incorrectly here or if maybe I am not seeing this properly.  

The problem occurs with the vintage delay.  What I did was copy the Delay down to the lower B path to free up a spot above and have the delay.  It does not sound like the delay that is on Path A that is on the Y-split path.  

I tried putting in the Y-split path down below but it won't allow me to.  Did I do something wrong or do I have to remove the Y-split path above and then re-do it below.  

Very confused....pic attached.  

Much thanks for any help and suggestions!

helixp.jpg

The Delay block on the lower path is not in parallel - it's in series.  That's why it sounds different.

You need to drag it down to Path 2b - (if it will let you.. should do) so that it's in parallel and has the same loop around it as the Delay in the upper path.

• Upvote 1

The Delay block on the lower path is not in parallel - it's in series.  That's why it sounds different.

You need to drag it down to Path 2b - (if it will let you.. should do) so that it's in parallel and has the same loop around it as the Delay in the upper path.

This is what I figured. I will try this. I wasn't able to insert a Y in the lower path as of yet.....strange.

Much thanks for the reply!

....edit.....it's working now!  Had to restart it again.  Much thanks!

. I wasn't able to insert a Y in the lower path as of yet.....strange.

You don't have to insert a Y in the lower path. You just put the cursor on the delay on the lower path, hit the action button, then move the delay down with the joystick. It creates the parallel path for you. You may have to adjust the split and merge, but you just put the cursor on them, hit action, and move them where you want. 

• Upvote 1

You don't have to insert a Y in the lower path. You just put the cursor on the delay on the lower path, hit the action button, then move the delay down with the joystick. It creates the parallel path for you. You may have to adjust the split and merge, but you just put the cursor on them, hit action, and move them where you want. 

Much thanks !  All good!