Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Multiple outs in 4cm

lukesmale

Hi

I have googled and watched the videos I could but I can't find something so hoping you can help

I just returned a headrush as I couldn't get 4 cable method to work (no where to add the physical amps pre-amp in the chain)

I am now thinking of getting the helix but I need to check I can do the following

1. 4 cable method - so I can put fx before the amp and in the loop when using as an fx processor (no amp and cab sim etc)

and at the same time

2. Output into Logic Pro adding amp and cab sim in for recording

So basically I would have a 4cm setup with just the fx going to my Dual Dark 50 but an alternative output going to my DAW which includes amp and cab sim

Possible? videos? help? 

Yes you can do this with Helix no problem.

I often run amp in 4cm with my tube amp (with no cab sim obviously) - whilst the XLR out feeds PA with a cab sim on that path, which can also feed via USB into mac for recording.

I often run amp in 4cm with my tube amp (with no cab sim obviously) - whilst the XLR out feeds PA with a cab sim on that path, which can also feed via USB into mac for recording.

excellent thanks, that's that decision made then

Hi following the great news it's possible I have googled for the past hour with no joy. Do you know where the solution is documented?

Hi following the great news it's possible I have googled for the past hour with no joy. Do you know where the solution is documented?

Is this what you want to do?

http://www.marshallforum.com/media/basic-helix-4-cable-method.9219/full

http://www.marshallforum.com/media/basic-helix-4-cable-method.9219/full

There are Pre amp FX: Wah and Dist,  then a Snd/Return block for you tube amps preamp,  then Delay and Reverb.

The path is then split.   The top path carries on directly to the 1/4in out to feed your tube amps via it's FX return.

The bottom path adds a Cab block and then feeds to the USB 1/2 outs.

EDIT - Man adding pictures on this forum really SUCKS  :blink: