Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT Squeaking / sticking pedal

SLICK_strain

I see there are "official" instructions for opening up the back of the Helix but nothing for the LT.

Anyone been adventurous enough to open the LT?

The Exp pedal on mine squeaks like a mouse in a trap and even with the bolt loosened off there is still a lot of uneven friction when sweeping it.

I'm guessing that the LT construction is significantly different, looks like the side panels are probably being used to secure the base plate in addition to the screws on the bottom for added structural integrity so it's not going to be quite as easy.

Cheers Robin

Managed to get the LT opened up last night.

As I had expected you need to take the side panels off and there are a couple of little sneaky screws on the back to remember as well.

Interestingly the shaft that the pedal rocks on is a little loose in its housing. This isn't something that you can fix just the way it's been designed.

This explains why the pedal felt a little off to me when playing.

When you start to rock the pedal in either direction the first thing that happens is that the shaft climbs up the side of the radius of the housing as travel continues it then slips back to the bottom.

This is what was giving the sensation of excess play in the pedal.

A little disappointing that the tolerances weren't a bit tighter to give a more positive feel but I think it will be something I can get used to.