Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Computer will not detect pod 2.0 (macbook pro)

Hey guys, I'm trying to connect my pod 2.0 to my macbook pro to run line6 monkey for firmware update as well as use line6 edit. I am connecting the computer via a MIDI to usb cable, and I'm positive everything is connected properly, but both line6 monkey and line 6 edit are saying the device is not detected.

Is there something I need to do in my computer settings to help my pod be detected? MacBook pro (2017) running OSX Sierra. Thanks.

Is it a 'branded' (i.e. a decent quality) cable or a cheap no-name cable? Many cheapo cables don't have the necessary components to actually use MIDI SysEx robustly, even though they will transmit/receive MIDI note data.

Try a decent cable. Line 6 used to recommend the M-Audio MIDISport Uno but I'm not sure that model is still available, but an equivalent should do the trick.

Unfortunately it is a cheap no-name cable. I wasn't having much luck finding them on the internet, and I didn't want to get an expensive one just incase it didn't work...I guess I can look into something more expensive as long as they have a decent return policy. Anyone here have an idea of which cable I should buy? One of my friends suggested I get a usb controller with midi ports and just connect it  to the controller via midi to midi.

• 5 months later...

Just curious etregoning87, did you follow through and buy the M-Audio cable? If so, did it resolve your connection issue? I'm having the same issue getting my POD 2.0 to connect to my MacBook Air (OSX 10.12 Sierra). When I try to update the Firmware, I get the following dialog box from Line 6 Monkey v1.75:

(Code 8000900C) MIDI device timed out waiting for response. Make sure the cables are still connected and try again.

Before I send back my cheap cable and try out the M-Audio at 2x the cost, was hoping to hear if you're now up and running. Thanks.

• 2 years later...

Hi there, just wondering if any of you had success connecting your Pod 2.0 to your computers?

I've just bought one second-hand and I'm wondering about the best way to connect the Pod 2.0 to my MacBook Pro?

I've seen talk of cables or audio interfaces... do I need to buy an audio interface to connect to my Mac or will a good cable suffice?

Any clue on cables/audio interface models would be much appreciated.

Many thanks :-)

Vicki