Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Another question for FH1500 + Helix users

Rocco_Crocco

I feel crippled. My Helix is at my drummer's house, and he's on vacation until Sunday, so I can't try this myself. I looked but couldn't find any info on this particular question.

If I understand this right, when the Helix is run into the monitor input of the FH1500, the horn is not active (if I have this wrong, please correct me). Has anyone tried running Helix into the guitar input of the FH1500, with an empty preset (no amp, no effects)?

I am thinking this would utilize the horn, thus providing full range tonez.

Running Helix 100% wet effects into the Monitor IN - AND - sending a DRY in the Guitar IN, is activating the Horn speaker. This is of course a W/D/W.

Thanks Pier... I am only interested in running my Helix MONO into the guitar in... do you know if this activates the horn?

Thanks Pier... I am only interested in running my Helix MONO into the guitar in... do you know if this activates the horn?

Yeah. As soon as you plug a signal in the FH1500 Guitar In, all speakers are engaged, no matter the stereo/mono scheme. Just build a blank preset in the FH1500 (especially no amp no cab), and be sure your Helix is sending a signal @ instrument level, and you should be fine.

As a personal suggestion, if you are not using the Monitor IN on the back of the amp, turn the GAIN all way down to kill the residual noise produced by that stage.

• 5 months later...