Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Podhd500x monitor question (ceres 3.5 BT)

REI_ARTHUR

Good day. I usually use my pod with my akg mkii240 to work on some basic guitar recordings (like solos over backing tracks) and to make presets for those and live playing (i use my Marshall amp or frfr for that) . I'm finding a little tiring sometimes having to use headphones and I would like some freedom too to take me notebook and listen to recordings on different places other than my room. I checked this presonus ceres 3.5bt which even has Bluetooth. Question is.. Is the sound quality Frfr enough for making those presets and recordings? Does it have enough for me to listen to my music and my recording as well as patch making accurately??? Or is it too small?

Is the sound quality Frfr enough for making those presets and recordings? Does it have enough for me to listen to my music and my recording as well as patch making accurately??? Or is it too small?

Speakers are either FRFR, or they're not...but even if that weren't the case, there's no way to guess whether or nor you'll find these suitable for your needs. Every time you change what you're listening through, you'll need to tweak things to some degree. There's no way around that.

As a general rule, the smaller speakers get, the harder time they have accurately producing low end. I'd stay away from anything smaller than a 5" cone...and even some of those can be little anemic. And stick with the big boys...JBL, Yamaha, etc

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the quick reply. After i get the sound right with my headphones they usually sound right with almost no tweaking on live settings. And the recordings sound close too when played on my sound system. That's what I want out of a monitor. Thanks for the input. Guess I should look for bigger ones so I can more accurately hear the bass.