Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Improved 3sigma IRs

CraigGT

I had an email yesterday about improvements to the IRs, you just need to log in and redownload to get them if you've already purchased some.

Has anyone given them a try? I downloaded them but ran out of time to play.

Craig

• Upvote 1

I was about to add this as a new topic myself :)

I tried them yesterday, and they do sound better to my ears - not sure how exactly, but a lot 'fuller'.

I'm also using MixIR2 to mix 1a and 2b of all the cabs I've purchased form them, as to me it gives the best tone. Highly recommend it!

I had an email yesterday about improvements to the IRs, you just need to log in and redownload to get them if you've already purchased some.

Has anyone given them a try? I downloaded them but ran out of time to play.

Craig

Thanks for posting this, I might have missed that email. 

I had given up completely on 3Sigma cause they sounded so lollipope to me....

Went and downloaded the IRs again to give them a shot based on this...

How do I know I've got the newer versions tho?

I have: Fried-412, Mes-OS-Rec and VX-15

Updates

We are proud to bring this massive update to our Cabinet Impulse Library. The entire line has been reworked from the ground up with our ACE technology, resulting in the most balanced impulses on the market. Each cabinet now contains 20 impulses instead of 10, which will also apply to all future releases.

In the folders, you will now find the standard versions, as well as ACE versions with the prefix "ACE". These new versions will outperform the standard cabs in a majority of scenarios and should require virtually no post equalization to fit in a mix. The included cabinets shipped with Impulsive have also been updated to match the rest of the line**

If you purchased any guitar or bass cabinet impulses ON or AFTER 7/31/17, you already have the updates.

If you purchased any guitar or bass cabinet impulses BEFORE 7/31/17, simply log into your account on our site and re-download. No need to repurchase. 

Not sure if you have the updates? If your impulse folder contains files with the 'ACE' prefix, you got 'em!

**Impulsive Users: Be sure to re-download Impulsive for the updated cabs (Impulsive 412, 212, and 810)

I use 2 3sigma IRs from the Orange 4x12, 3a and 4a. Quickly tried the new ACE ones, comparing them to the originals, outside a mix. The differences are very subtle but noticeable to the discerning ear. In a mix, I would doubt anyone could even tell a difference. I ended up preferring the originals ones. The ACE ones seemed a little farther back in the distance.

Interesting development. I figured they might be reacting to the bunch of negative reviews of their cab IRs for being too scooped, bass-y and harsh. Given that, I wouldn't have expected a big deal announcement with a "subtly" different sound.

• 1 year later...

Well, a year late to this thread, but I FINALLY re-downloaded my 3 Sigma purchase.  The ACE ones of the Mesa cabs and Friedman cab is MUCH better for Helix high gain amps than the previous versions.  The other 3 Sigma 65 Amps, Port, and Fender Twin cab IR's I have are sounding great with the clean amps.

The Placater Dirty + HBE & saturation on is really good with the 3 Sigma Friedman 412 ACE IR's.  One of my new favs!