Sign in to follow this  
rikardojsf

Controle Helix by Midi

Hi there guys, sorry if this topic already exists, but, I've read so many, that I can't think straight.

I'm a guitar player, playing 95% in wedding events. So, Helix, can be my next rig for Acoustic and electric gigs. But, my mains problem is... Helix protection - as a big investment she is ;) 

So, my ideia is, can I have Helix pedal controled by a cheap MIDI controller? like the ones from beringer etc.? 

Laying the helix foot controler in the ground, where sometimes, a weeding guest can drop some drink or their feet.. make my heart explode :)

I'm aware of the Rack edition, but, it is heavier and more expensive.. as I also need the extra hardware, I don't have any rack etc...

So, please, help me out here...

Thank you :D

Regards

You can use a cheap midi controller, but you will be missing out on quite a bit of functionality. If it were me that that was my worry, I would save some extra money and buy the rack and external controller. 

You can control nearly everything with MIDI, and actually, since you'll have the floor, you'll still be able to use the capacitive touch switches on the unit itself... The main difference with using a MIDI controller compared to the actual unit itself is that you won't be able to change modes in the same way, although, if you're just using snapshots and presets, that may not matter. The thing that I would miss the visual feedback of the scribble strips. Using controllers without them almost seems barbaric. :)

Page 57 and 58 in the 2.0 Helix manual gives you all the Midi CCs to make it work.