Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500X Output Mode Simultaneously Using XLR and Mono Out

davefabra

Hi,

I am new in using the POD HD500X. Using my old multi-fx of an other brand name, I can use XLR (going to PA) out and mono (going to amp as a monitor) out simultaneously.

My questions is, what will be the Output Mode settings in my POD HD500X so that my sound will come out to XLR going to PA and will also comes out going to amp as my monitor in the stage.

Thank you for taking time to answer my query...:)

I am am assuming you are using a guitar amp for a monitor...

The does not work in the same way that it did with the X3. Both XLRs and 1/4 outs render the selected output mode the same. The difference is that the XLR level is mic level. 

If you like how your amp sounds using Combo PWR AMP, the XLR will sound a bit nasty in the desk.

You can tweak dual amp patches and get around this, but it ends up using a lot of DSP and it's a bit more complicated.

A very easy option that works pretty nicely is a RED BOX DI. The original was made by Hughes & Kettner. Behringer copied it and it is a VERY good copy and costs a bit less than the HK.

You can put this on the speaker line of your amp and take a house feed from there...Useful for tube amps...

Another easy option is to get yourself a FRFR monitor and set the HD to studio direct...best of luck.

Hi Just...

I use my HD500x in the FX loop using the four cable method and a JTV Variax guitar. The POD's 1/4" left output goes to the amp and the XLR left out goes to the PA. we use a Soundcraft Ui16 mixer so I can put a cab model on my guitar channel in the mixer and it sounds pretty good. It also means I can turn the amp's output down quite low if we are playing a small venue to keep stage volume down. My singer is quite relieved.

I pan all my 'electric' patches hard left and all my acoustic patches hard right. The XLR right goes to a second channel on the PA mixer and a leave a dummy jack in the 1/4" right output. So all electric guitar sounds go to the amp and PA channel 1 and all the acoustic sounds go just to the PA channel 2.

This works really well for me.

Hope this helps...

• 2 weeks later...

I am interested in doing something very similar.

I have a Parker Maxxfly guitar, and have the regular pickups hooked into the guitar input on the HD500x, 

and the Piezo pickup hooked into the Aux line in.

I have set up dual patches on the hd500x that sound really good...

Piezo to aux in, has 2 eq's..

and normal pickups to guitar in, thru some fx, with amp and speaker cab models.

both share delay and reverb fx.

I would like to know, and from what I read above it sounds like it is possible just by panning...

I would like to send the acoustic piezo pickup (Aux. line) to the p.a.

and send the normal pickups - guitar input, to a tube amp.

all of the presets that I use with the Maxxfly guitar are split going in.

I just would like to figure out how to split going out>?

any info.

Thanks!

The FX Loop is a good way to get different signals to the PA and guitar amp monitor. Put the FX Loop before the HD500 amp sim and send it to your guitar amp monitor. Using a Y-cable, loop it back into the HD500 FX Return so the signal will continue thru the HD500 amp sim to the XLR output. Set output mode to Studio Direct to get the proper XLR signal to the PA. I never tried this but it should work well, although any FX added after the FX Loop will only affect the signal going to the PA.

• 3 months later...

I have the problem using pod hd 500x split output.

=======================================

i want to use left channel to PA mixer and Right channel to my stage amp.

this is my signal routing

==================

/  JT45   \

/               \

Guitar Input  > Tube screamer >                   > Mixer Block > Plate Reverb

\                /

\ No amp /

Condition:

- i panned hard left and hard right on POD mixer block

- I'm using XLR left output to a mixer PA.

- and then I use 1/4" right output jack to my stage amp (Roland JC200)

i expecting the signal is totally split.

But when i mute my PA mixer, and than i turn of my JT45 on POD, it affected to my roland amp (stage amp).

What's wrong with it?